Recent tech purchases

AfricanTech

Try the Xenforo web view. It's really good.

What is this Xenforo you speak about?

Is it an app? Does it work with any website?

There's a forum I frequent that refuses to install the Tapatalk extension 'cos 'Tapatalk us shite' according to the mod but viewing the forum in WebView on a mobile is even worse (imo)

AfricanTech

Do you mean when viewing Xenforo sites on a cell phone browser? I’ve used Tapatalk for ages and am just used to it I guess.

Personally I like the Tapatalk filter that allows you to quickly scan threads you've posted in

biometrics

What is this Xenforo you speak about?

Is it an app? Does it work with any website?

There's a forum I frequent that refuses to install the Tapatalk extension 'cos 'Tapatalk us shite' according to the mod but viewing the forum in WebView on a mobile is even worse (imo)
Xenforo is the forum software running on the server. Using a mobile browser with it is a very good experience meaning Tapatalk isn't really needed anymore.

But I did install the Tapatalk addon as some people prefer Tapatalk.

Spizz

Xenforo is the forum software running on the server. Using a mobile browser with it is a very good experience meaning Tapatalk isn't really needed anymore.

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't do a laugh, only a thumbs up.

biometrics

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't do a laugh, only a thumbs up.
There are the standard like options. On mobile you need to hold the like button for a second for it to pop up.

Screenshot_20210501-130039__01__01.jpg

There is also a ton of supported emoticons.

AfricanTech

Thanks.

You are a mensch!

AfricanTech

You can? I get the feeling there may be a bunch of features I have no idea exist.

c15ce8680b07c5281672d1cafb36fe76.png

Spizz

Ah, I see what you mean. I thought you could search a thread for your other posts. Yeah, gotcha. First thing I look at when I open Tapatalk is the participated tab.

Johnatan56

They've grown in size.
There isn't just one NUC, there's no case, with case, and one with extra accessories, and then intel canyon.
1624299804517.png
And then there's their "compute element" which includes a GPU, which is huge for a NUC, but tiny for a PC.
1624300029847.png
And again, would go with AMD with latest gen/5000 series, I got my NUC for cheap, 420 EUR including 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, W10 Pro license, i7 model.

biometrics

There isn't just one NUC, there's no case, with case, and one with extra accessories, and then intel canyon.
View attachment 26634
And then there's their "compute element" which includes a GPU, which is huge for a NUC, but tiny for a PC.
View attachment 26637
And again, would go with AMD with latest gen/5000 series, I got my NUC for cheap, 420 EUR including 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, W10 Pro license, i7 model.
Last time I used them was 2013 (I think).