Recent tech purchases

Dave

Last edited:

Dave

Another new toy, shit knows what I’m going to do with the Echo Dot I bought two weeks ago.

Got the Echo Show in the lounge as it’s connected to the Ring video doorbell and had the Echo Dot in the bedroom, I happened to mention I thought the music playback was pretty good for a small device and someone decided to demo the Echo 4th gen. The sound quality from this little ball is pretty amazing.

FC36307D-8995-4DD4-81E0-642011C0504F.jpeg

Prom

Another new toy, shit knows what I’m going to do with the Echo Dot I bought two weeks ago.

Got the Echo Show in the lounge as it’s connected to the Ring video doorbell and had the Echo Dot in the bedroom, I happened to mention I thought the music playback was pretty good for a small device and someone decided to demo the Echo 4th gen. The sound quality from this little ball is pretty amazing.

View attachment 10425
PIF it on mybb. :p

Dave

Question of the week, why do Xiaomi or Android fuck around with settings so badly?

I had one big annoyance with the Mi10T, which was Bluetooth audio was pretty shit with regard to sound quality, especially bass and wouldn’t go loud enough for me (even with decent BT earphones like the Cambridge Audio Melomanias). I downloaded and even bought equaliser apps to try and improve it.

Turns out the fuckers had strangled the BT output in the firmware, after going into Developer Options and unticking the “let’s make your music sound shit” option the sound is completely different, as in vastly improved.

From weedy and barely loud enough to loud and punchy bass that vibrates behind your eyes with something bassy like Rag’n’Bone Man.

sand_man

Do you remember the setting you changed?

This perhaps?

f7073950936291aee46de4eb181b57fa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sand_man

Last edited:

Spizz

biometrics

Someone is selling an Apple keyboard and mouse on the local Facebook marketplace.

I guess you need the keyboard and mouse for your developing, but the Apple trackpad really is exceptional. My magic mouse 2 is sitting unused for many moons now.
Already ordered. In any case not keen on used peripherals. Also, I want the compact keyboard, desk space is limited.

I work with an external monitor, keyboard and mouse. My laptops are parked at the far end of my desk.

Dave

Do you remember the setting you changed?

This perhaps?

f7073950936291aee46de4eb181b57fa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, that’s the one.

Non Pissed off instructions:

Open Settings -> About phone.
Locate MIUI version (probably Build version on other makes) and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options.
Go to Developer options in Settings -> System -> Additional settings -> Developer options
Scroll down to the Networking section.
Once there, disable (toggle off) the “Disable Absolute volume” option.

E09406F6-C9FC-4012-943B-BA7469F3DB2B.jpeg

Last edited:

biometrics

Yeah no worry. Found it on google. Seems to be a docking station of sorts.
MacBook Air only has two USB-C ports. I have stuff I want to connect, so the port extender.

Edit: I see now that Xenforo doesn't show the pic you quoted. Confusing.

Last edited: