Recent tech purchases

Dave

How do you get bored with them? Not like the new phones does anything particularly innovative or new or better.

I don't know, just decided it was time for a change.

OnePlus were also pissing me off with slow updates and fucking around by removing VOIP integration in the last big update.

biometrics

I don't know, just decided it was time for a change.

OnePlus were also pissing me off with slow updates and fucking around by removing VOIP integration in the last big update.
I'm still very happy with my OnePlus 6t, I suspect that was the best version of the whole range.

Johnatan56

New monitor, wanted another 27" 1440p 120Hz+ free sync/gsync, was kind of difficult to pick just because new tech all around the corner, but need a new monitor now rather than later as using for WFH.

Generally pretty good, mini dp -> dp adapter I had was faulty so was causing frame drops, luckily still had my old cable from South Africa, so used that instead and quite smooth performance. Really missed having freesync, makes me not notice frame drops, and scrolling in code is more clear with higher refresh rates.

Also more smart lights:
Standby power is meh, but compared to some of the other lights I've used the app is way better, can integrate nicely with Google Home (don't need if don't want), has a gradual on/off setting which is great for hallway at night, has a settings for auto compensate (adjust color temperature for lack of light/color temperature based on time of day for corridors and outdoor, so gets darker as sun goes down (great for bathroom if wake up at night), and auto compensate which does the opposite, have it on a schedule, also away mode in the app to auto randomly turn lights on/off, and a info for how much power it consumes. Would just love zigbee support.

Then a vacuum cleaner, Dyson V8, good vacuum cleaner for an apartment, pretty light and cordless makes packing in/out easy/quick plus blinds, would recommend their products even if more pricey as (I think) all parts can be replaced (definitely battery, filters and adapters). Has a bunch of adapter pieces so can either be a short vacuum cleaner for e.g. table, or attach the pole for a longer vacuum cleaner.

1654621953525.png

Two modes, strong or normal, normal is fine for everything besides carpet basically from my experience.

Still using a robot vacuum and then this for corners, behind washing machine, blinds, store room and the one carpet (it's too thick for the robot to get up on).

Sinbad

I have the v8 as well. Love it, so convenient and effective.

Latest tech purchase for me was a samsung 980 pro M2 SSD. My old HP Evo sata SSD was starting to mess around, it couldn't sustain writes at more than 16MB/sec

Fuck me this thing is fast!
1654622814342.png

biometrics

I almost filled a 256GB when I used Syncler from the phone, I don't think a 128GB without expandable memory is all that future proof if you use it as a media device.
I don't. Currently it's at 35% used. Which is surprising since I don't use it for media. Must be caching rot.