Recent tech purchases

SlinkyMike

I do Sam Harris's Waking Up program too
Absolutely spectacular meditation app. The twenty-eight day intro course covers some stuff that I only learned in year five of my practice, and it does so brilliantly. Just sublime.

RedViking

SlinkyMike

The last few day's sessions have been different. I have trouble with those where I am supposed to visually see what we would normally do in our heads
If I am following you then it's around that "who is he watcher?" stuff?

Nicholas

What do people mean by the expression "visually see"?

Is there something any of you are hoping to get on special by the end of the month?

Tribs

If I am following you then it's around that "who is he watcher?" stuff?
Yes - we had to bring the visual field in to where the watcher is - and then send the watcher to the visual field. I can do that with me watching myself - but I have trouble expanding it.

Oh they sent out an email and said that if we rated them on Amazon - they would select a few to send free cases to. I got a notification that I have a case on the way to me. :)

Tribs

What do people mean by the expression "visually see"?

Is there something any of you are hoping to get on special by the end of the month?
I have already bought the things I wanted. There are a few more though.
Got an Ice Maker (and in this heat I fill my glass with ice and drink the cold water it becomes), I bought an Air Fryer and accessories (those are still on the way), a coffee percolator). Would love an upright double-door fridge freezer. There is no hurry though. Also want an inverter and batteries

Not tech but they are fixing my pool

Nicholas

I've been thinking on and off about maybe getting a 2 or 3Tb external hard disk drive to back up things like my STEAM games when Windows misbehaves and I end up needing to reinstall my OS, or even format and reinstall everything from scratch. On the other hand, my brother didn't seem to mind letting me borrow his.

Tribs

I've been thinking on and off about maybe getting a 2 or 3Tb external hard disk drive to back up things like my STEAM games when Windows misbehaves and I end up needing to reinstall my OS, or even format and reinstall everything from scratch. On the other hand, my brother didn't seem to mind letting me borrow his.
Have a look at Evetech - they seem to have a few. Takealot too.

SlinkyMike

Yes - we had to bring the visual field in to where the watcher is - and then send the watcher to the visual field. I can do that with me watching myself - but I have trouble expanding it.
Don't force it. Never meditate with a goal in mind. Just meditate and be there while it happens. Hey, do you think a thread on this topic would be worthwhile?

Oh they sent out an email and said that if we rated them on Amazon - they would select a few to send free cases to. I got a notification that I have a case on the way to me. :)
So rad. That team has been nothing but amazing, always. I have recommended the app to a friend who loved it but couldn't afford it and they were totally cool about giving them a years subscription for free. You really get the feeling that Sam wants people to get the value out of the practice that he has first and foremost before making money. It's a mission and a business, in that order. I strongly approve.

Tribs

Don't force it. Never meditate with a goal in mind. Just meditate and be there while it happens. Hey, do you think a thread on this topic would be worthwhile?

So rad. That team has been nothing but amazing, always. I have recommended the app to a friend who loved it but couldn't afford it and they were totally cool about giving them a years subscription for free. You really get the feeling that Sam wants people to get the value out of the practice that he has first and foremost before making money. It's a mission and a business, in that order. I strongly approve.
He happily gives anyone who can't afford it a year's access.

He also has a special on whereby you can buy access for life. If I have money left over after renovations and his deal is still there - I will do it.

I think a thread would be great

Blantyre

Got these. Definitely good investments. Helped me twice to type out two documents quickly on short deadline when my laptop behaved oddly.

1652917581262.png

1652917618699.png

Nicholas

1652955078194.png

Not quite as shown in picture.

The 12V CPU power connector comes out just above the main power able to the motherboard.