Recent tech purchases

Spizz

Got an 85" pull down screen for a bargain (ex demo from an AV shop) and set it up using my wife's photographs back drop kit. Looks great. So busy downloading a few Ealing comedies for this evening as I've been in the mood to watch The Ladykillers and The Lavender Hill mob etc. I think they'll work great outside and the black and white movies will be a real throwback for me.

Sinbad

Got an 85" pull down screen for a bargain (ex demo from an AV shop) and set it up using my wife's photographs back drop kit. Looks great. So busy downloading a few Ealing comedies for this evening as I've been in the mood to watch The Ladykillers and The Lavender Hill mob etc. I think they'll work great outside and the black and white movies will be a real throwback for me.
Only Fools and Horses is on netflix uk :D

Used the Oculus this morning to watch the america's cup on the BIG screen while lying in bed. I love tech.

Spizz

Ordered it yesterday from Nintendo. It was shipped today.
Can't wait.

Fantastic. I’ve played Zelda breath of the wild to death and am half way through a second run. Easily 300 hours of content with the DLC. My favourite game of all time.

Spizz

Only Fools and Horses is on netflix uk :D

Used the Oculus this morning to watch the america's cup on the BIG screen while lying in bed. I love tech.

I’m a bit jelly. Quite fancy one of these for myself :p

OFAH I watch in a constant loop at least an episode or two every week or so. I got the complete dvd box set a few years ago for the lounge and also have the full series in a folder living permanently on my MacBook Air desktop.

satanboy

Fantastic. I’ve played Zelda breath of the wild to death and am half way through a second run. Easily 300 hours of content with the DLC. My favourite game of all time.
Ordered that too, but Takealot will only deliver it on Thurs 18/03.

Also ordered this from Raru
1615918217254.png
Will arrive 23/03

powermzii

Ubiquiti Flex HD AP to complement the 2 Unifi 6 APs

Still to set it up though

Sent from my SM-A015F using Tapatalk

Johnatan56

1619544447428.png
"Baobab M.2 NVMe To USB 3.1 Type-C Enclosure (For 2230/2242/2260/2280)"

No longer listed on takealot, R800 so was among the cheapest.
That 3.1 is a lie, fastest speed of that drive:
1619544865243.png
1619545140379.png
For a drive that's PCIe 2GB/s about, my port is a 3.1 10Gbps one as well, so should be hitting over 1GB/s, it's an issue of it connecting as USB 2.0 as the driver doesn't negotiate correctly (well technically the drive does, but the controller on it is failing to do so and I can't get the correct drivers for a no name drive). So could be the truth, but doubt anyone would be able to get it without a lot of tinkering.

biometrics

Ubiquiti Flex HD AP to complement the 2 Unifi 6 APs

Still to set it up though

You've updated your firmware, right? ;)

powermzii

You've updated your firmware, right? ;)

Yup...hehehe

I'm still learning my ropes in the Unifi world but enjoying it. Next purchase will be one of their routers (currently have a mikrotik)

Dave

Spizz

Spizz

Xenforo is really good and a better presentation than the Tapatalk app.

Tapatalk is good for forum jumping. Contribution is very low though.

Do you mean when viewing Xenforo sites on a cell phone browser? I’ve used Tapatalk for ages and am just used to it I guess.

Spizz

Xenforo is superior to it in mobile view, think of Tapatalk as a FisherPrice equivalent.

I dunno. I just read the words with a minimum of fuss. I’m not sure what else I’d require from a forum.