Recent tech purchases

Spizz

@Spizz

Have you bought any of the MagSafe accessories?

Just a leather case. Funny though, until yesterday I thought the MagSafe thing was only about charging. Now I see you can actually stick your phone to metallic things :D

Dave

Just a leather case. Funny though, until yesterday I thought the MagSafe thing was only about charging. Now I see you can actually stick your phone to metallic things :D

I got the Apple leather case with the phone as well, I’m contemplating the card holder (which is why I asked), I’m just a bit worried it isn’t totally secure and it’s not cheap.

and I bought the MagSafe charger from Amazon, not the original Apple one though.

56EDA699-5A3E-4FB1-862A-BD02DDE45CF3.jpeg

Spizz

I've still got a great wireless charger I got from Amazon a couple of years ago so I'm not going to bother with another. It's a stand type charger for beside my bed and the LED light only stays on for a minute, so perfect for nighttime as so any seem to have crazy bright lights constantly on. So good I bought a second one for Mrs S.

Spizz

I should have added that these little wallets and things don't appeal to me at all. Seems like far too many opportunities for things to go wrong.

Dave

I've still got a great wireless charger I got from Amazon a couple of years ago so I'm not going to bother with another. It's a stand type charger for beside my bed and the LED light only stays on for a minute, so perfect for nighttime as so any seem to have crazy bright lights constantly on. So good I bought a second one for Mrs S.

I’ve got two conventional wireless chargers, a no-name brand one and a Samsung one that came with the s7 or s8.

The MagSafe type is more of a wired charger the just connects magnetically, like the MagSafe charger for a MacBook.

I’ll report back on the MagSafe charger when the lazy part-time Amazon courier can be bothered to drop it off this evening.

Dave

The MagSafe charger works well, it’s a really strong magnetic attachment to the extent I can swing the phone around by the charger‘s lead. I think it will make an ideal car fitting if I can find a way to stick it to the dash (PressStik?).

2A1158C8-0F80-44AF-9544-6FF746C51918.jpeg

And this little thing that stowed away in the parcel works quite well as well, clicks to the case with some force and will hold two bank cards. It’s expensive for what it is, I suppose.

4511D34F-6B42-46E2-A4AF-324654C60B64.jpeg

satanboy

The MagSafe charger works well, it’s a really strong magnetic attachment to the extent I can swing the phone around by the charger‘s lead. I think it will make an ideal car fitting if I can find a way to stick it to the dash (PressStik?).

And this little thing that stowed away in the parcel works quite well as well, clicks to the case with some force and will hold two bank cards. It’s expensive for what it is, I suppose.
1613457822103.png

takealot

Spizz

You'd think in the day and age all new cars would come with a phone holder of some sort built into the dash. I've had a new Fortuner and a new Ford Ranger from Hertz in the last couple of months and you're still having to put your phone in the ash tray or cup holder.

Spizz

Holy shit. I got the Xgimi Halo projector from Amazon and fuck me it’s incredible. What an amazing piece of kit. Crystal clear on any surface. Here it is on a dark grey wall and that’s just a 720p web rip on the USB. I’m haven’t started to explore it, just setting it up now but seriously impressed so far and I haven’t even got a white screen set up yet.

25da09f853276fd62c0e484f6518711e.jpg

biometrics

Holy shit. I got the Xgimi Halo projector from Amazon and fuck me it’s incredible. What an amazing piece of kit. Crystal clear on any surface. Here it is on a dark grey wall and that’s just a 720p web rip on the USB. I’m haven’t started to explore it, just setting it up now but seriously impressed so far and I haven’t even got a white screen set up yet.

That looks fucking great. R15k again?

I'm thinking back to my late 90's projector...

Dave

Greg Wallace doing “Inside the Factory”?

What a bit of filmography to start with! :p

Though I must say, that parcel got to you pretty quickly,

Spizz

£816 all in including the import duty that Amazon calculated. Turned up today by surprise.

Man I wish I’d ordered a screen already, but they said it’s only coming end of the month so I’ll shop for one tomorrow.

Spizz

Greg Wallace doing “Inside the Factory”?

What a bit of filmography to start with! :p

Though I must say, that parcel got to you pretty quickly,

Love the guy. Love the show. I download quite a few British shows from Reddit and stick them on the USB for portability.