Psuedophilosophy

Paul Hjul

Interesting read. I think the author errs a little in his characterization of Faucault and I don't think he gives enough attention to bullshit (as described by Frankfurt) but the charlatan point is intriguing.

I'd say a person needs to have basic faculties to participate in any discussion and not be a total fucking moron, but I fear the fallacy of equating insult with reductio ad hominem would be committed.

Paul Hjul

Such nice people
You are less likely to be treated like a total fucking moron if you at least tried to make a contribution to a discussion. Or if you are going to make a distraction at least let it be amusing or in someway clever.

R

rambo919

You are less likely to be treated like a total fucking moron if you at least tried to make a contribution to a discussion. Or if you are going to make a distraction at least let it be amusing or in someway clever.
You need better weed dude.

Jings

We need a counter master debater like Arthur for Paul Hjul. As much as it's funny to watch cheap ink Bic pens at a fountain pen fight, a quality debate is intellectually entertaining.

Paul Hjul

its not hard to find masterdebaters (the spelling looks wrong) ;)

I always enjoyed discussions with Arthur and I am afraid the art of rhetoric isn't as highly prized as it once was. Somewhat on the point though, in the same was as there is pseudo-science and pseudo-epistemology there is an unfortunate trend towards pseudo-rhetoric that really plagues the ability to have a good and entertaining debate.