Post your rig setup (Desktop, Laptop)

BloodrayneZA

As stated above, post a picture of your rig - it can be outside, inside, anything really. Even closeups of the internals. I'll post mine in a bit

BloodrayneZA

No
Too scared to touch it
Something might stop working

Rule #1: If it's not broken don't fix it
LOL my rule in the workshop is to neaten cables as much as possible with few cable ties. Here it's different, with my graphics card in the way, I just lay the motherboard cable behind the card's notch so win for me here. The worse part of my Scout case is that the back cover, there's a mess of wires coming from the top front panel (4x USB, one 1394 port, headphone jack and audio jack, HDD led, power led, HDD activity led and 2xfan leds), it has to be routed from the top to the side then inside the case to be plugged into the motherboard.

Papa Smurf

LOL my rule in the workshop is to neaten cables as much as possible with few cable ties. Here it's different, with my graphics card in the way, I just lay the motherboard cable behind the card's notch so win for me here. The worse part of my Scout case is that the back cover, there's a mess of wires coming from the top front panel (4x USB, one 1394 port, headphone jack and audio jack, HDD led, power led, HDD activity led and 2xfan leds), it has to be routed from the top to the side then inside the case to be plugged into the motherboard.
;) I was only joking, I'm lazy like that, with the cover closed no one sees it. Not a single hard drive is even bolted down, 2 of the hard drives are just hanging there all loose. Doesn't bother me

Y2K

Careful of cable ties, I prefer to use this where I can https://www.wish.com/c/56a1a93b55e09d139151c3ab?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=ZA&_force_currency_code=ZAR&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=56a1a93b55e09d139151c3ab&ad_cc=ZA&ad_curr=ZAR&ad_price=104.00&campaign_id=9527731437&exclude_install=true&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1KiBBhCcARIsAPWqoSrb4wDjV2Dd53Q3t93WYEhFXbOdWCgPB4f9xwTDvHgd2q1GIoMJw4waAo32EALw_wcB.

Rather order it from Banggood or AliExpress though.

bigAl-sa

I hate having tied up/concealed cables. If I need to do support, I want rapid access to the cables so I can eliminate a problem as quickly as possible.

All my home systems are a nightmare to anyone except me 😂

Grouter

I also couldn't care less what the "behind -the-scenes" mess looks like. As long as it stays there. I used to "tie stuff up", but then every time you want to add something, or move it, you have to untangle and cut a mass of cable ties.

You don't want to see what our main lounge room TV cabinet looks like. Bottom floor is 4 big 105 Ah batteries for the inverter. Next level is the TV. Above that is a 10-year-old HP laptop with no screen that runs Kodi for the media centre. A 4 TB HDD, a 4TB NAS, a Mecer 2400Va inverter, solar charge controller, fuses and breakers for the solar. Then there's the Logitech speaker controller for the 5.1's scattered around the room.
But all you see when you open the doors is a nice flat screen - the rest is hidden.
From the rear, though, it's another story...

tv.jpg