PoE for ONT - 15V or 24V?

Paul Hjul

Okay so my sister is being hit with power outages knocking her ability to do work. Bought a cheap UPS thingy that outputs one DC point adjustable for either 9V or 12V and the router is 12V so thats perfect and a PoE injector that can be selected for 15V or 24V which is needed for the ONT.

The ONT is marked and supplied by Herotel - so have emailed them but ja - and I believe is taking by DC in 12V. I suspect PoE should be set to 15V but don't know for definite.

Anybody able to give me a proper education on this?

biometrics

Okay so my sister is being hit with power outages knocking her ability to do work. Bought a cheap UPS thingy that outputs one DC point adjustable for either 9V or 12V and the router is 12V so thats perfect and a PoE injector that can be selected for 15V or 24V which is needed for the ONT.

The ONT is marked and supplied by Herotel - so have emailed them but ja - and I believe is taking by DC in 12V. I suspect PoE should be set to 15V but don't know for definite.

Anybody able to give me a proper education on this?
My camera uses POE but it is 48V aka active. My DC UPS outputs the various DC voltages as well as POE but turns out to be 15v or 24V. But that's passive and doesn't work. I had to buy a POE injector and connect it to my switch. Takealot, Geewiz etc has loads of them but the one I got was a Tenda:

This only helped with long cable runs, the camera is off during LS but my LTE router is up using the DC UPS.

The DC UPS:

Note most of these DC UPS includes as splitter cable so if both devices are the same voltage then you can power both using DC. But check the power output of the port and the consumption of the devices.

Btw the Ratel DC UPS are highly recommended. If yours doesn't have a splitter cable return it. You can also look at the big boy Ratel 860P which has more ports and capacity:

Last edited: