Pizza

Y2K

Ladies and gentlemen, apologies for my absence, @Tribs @satanboy never roll your dough using a rolling pin, if your dough has been in the fridge take it out and reach room temperature, shape it into a ball, take your dominant hand and push the bottom of your finger tips into the top of the centre of the dough, this will be the very centre of your pizza, keep pushing moving outwards, your circle should increase in size but be careful not to touch the edges/outside edge as this will form the crust. Once you have a consistent base you can pick the dough up and toss it from one hand to the other, finally, put the dough on your knuckles and raise it towards the light, checking for consistentcy and any holes in the base. Take a fork and prick the base all over, Set your oven to 180C (I usually do this before I start messing with the dough) let it go for 5 minutes then remove apply your tomato paste and toppings. Set the oven to 250C and let it go for about 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Y2K

Tastes great.

But was supposed to be a 35 cm with cheese edge to edge. Got most things right except the deployment.

Thought I had enough flour below the dough while working it but it must have absorbed the flour.

So to those that make homemade pizza, what is the trick to get it on the stone and not stick the board that you are working on?
A little bit of cook and spray works wonders if you don't like flour.

R

[)roi(]

...Damn thing wouldn't slide off the board into the stone so I had to fold it to lift it, needless to say my careful design was destroyed.
A way around this is to take out the oven shelf with hot stone; fits e.g. on an empty 4 plate flat ceramic hob. and place pizza round on the stone.
It'll start baking underneath whilst you add the toppings; then simply put the shelf with stone + pizza back in the oven under the grill.

R

[)roi(]

Alternative style of pizza dough (gelatinised starches)
For a different style of pizza dough; in a mixer bowl, add your salt, flour and hot tap water; mix completely through with a mixer; this process will gelatinise the starches; let it cool to a temperature that is not to hot to the touch; add yeast and a little more water, and mix it through.

Alternative is to add a cup or two of flour to a pot on the stove, add water and stir until it gelatinises the starches (basically its a roux without the butter); then allow that to cool down; add that to the mixer with the rest of the flour, salt, water and yeast.

The end result is an airer and less dense dough -- same approach is btw used to make soft buns e.g. hot dogs buns.
On a pizza stone it makes for less dense base that crisps easily.

Tribs

I must thank you all for giving me the courage to make my own bases. Apart from the mess while kneading and rolling - they are soo much better than bought bases.

Papa Smurf

Last nights poor mans pizza coz i was to lazy to roll dough
and drunk
emoji487.png

img_5873-jpg.866159

img_5874-jpg.866161

img_5875-jpg.866163

img_5880-jpg.866165

Papa Smurf

have you guys tried a fried egg on your pizza?
i did quite a few years ago, worked very well, makes a really great breakfast pizza

lemme get a pack of bacon out the freezer for tomorrows pizza brunch