PicoStation2

scudsucker

With the recent fire at my windmill - and the destruction of the government property next door (Die Meule) the bergies have now started moving in and liberating what they can find. I found a few pieces of copper pipe stolen from Die Meule, and, a bergie's picnic basket, containing some food, beer, and a PicoStation2

So this is obviously also stolen from next door, but no one in the govt is going to care. Therefore I am stealing it from the bergie.

Can I just plug it into my router and expect it to magically work? The reason being, my wife's iPhone struggles with signal in our bedroom (old Victorian walls block the signal) and if I can use this, then I can lay CAT cable from the router, into the roof and down to a hidden spot in the bedroom.

• Haha
Reactions: Y2K

biometrics

I assume it's the M2?

Reset it:

The correct procedure it to make sure the unit has been running for at least 1 minute. Next, press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds. This will reset to factory defaults.

Connect and setup:

Step 1. Connected the Ubiquiti PicoM2 to a computer using a CAT5 Ethernet cable.

Step 2. Open firefox or Chrome web-browser and type the default IP address 192.168.1.20 into the web address bar, and make sure your computer is in the same IP address range, example 192.168.1.22 and you will see a login web page like the picture below.

Step 3. Login with the default Username and Password. Username = ubnt. Password = ubnt and select your country and language and tick the “I agree to these terms of use” and click on the login button.

Step 4. Go to the Wireless tab and follow the steps as indicated in the following screenshot.

scudsucker

Got the thing working - thanks @biometrics for suggestions.

Now I need to work up the motivation to rig LAN cable through a wall, up inside a cupboard, into the roof, across the rafters, and down into the bedroom. Probably about 20-30m if it is done neatly. I fucking hate DIY jobs.