Photography including cellphone photos

Apoc184

For anything related to photography. Mobile, DSLR, Mirrorless, Mik-'n-druk, etc... Everything goes.

I don't take photos nearly as much as I want to.

Apoc184

My kit.

Canon 6D Mark II
24-70mm F4.0
70-200mm F2.8
50mm F1.8
Flash with 2 remote triggers
Tripod
Monopod

Mobile: Xiaomi Mi9

Apoc184

You aren't the only one, I've sold all my Canon gear and only have my Olympus OM-D E-M10ii, 14-42 and 40-150 lenses now.

I tried the Mirroless setup about 4 years ago. Fuji XT1

Have nothing bad to say about it but is wasn't for me. And it was mainly because of the form factor. I missed a nice sturdy body that I could fold my big paws around. Another thing was the lack of variety of lenses at that stage. No idea if that changed a lot in recent times.

But for now I am sticking with the DSLR.

Dave

I tried the Mirroless setup about 4 years ago. Fuji XT1

Have nothing bad to say about it but is wasn't for me. And it was mainly because of the form factor. I missed a nice sturdy body that I could fold my big paws around. Another thing was the lack of variety of lenses at that stage. No idea if that changed a lot in recent times.

But for now I am sticking with the DSLR.

I progressively got smaller Canon bodies, 7D - 60D - 650D - 100D.

The Oly with the pancake 14-42 isn't much bigger than a compact camera when powered down.

Y2K

Here's a couple I took when I was in Thailand, believe it or not this was taken on a Huawei Mate 9, I did use a DJI Osmo Mobile 2 to stabilize and get a better angle on certain shots. Let me know if you guys want me to post more.
Chiang Mai - pink flower 4.jpgPhuket - Ocean Tour - Scenery 1.jpgPhuket - River Tour - Sun.jpgPhuket - Ocean Tour - Scenery 7.jpgPhuket - Monkey Tour - Scenery 3.jpg
Phuket - James Bond Island - Boats 1.jpgPhuket - James Bond Island - Boats 2.jpgPhuket - James Bond Island - Khao Phing-Kan Sign.jpg

Attachments

• Phuket - Monkey Tour - Scenery 3.jpg
    Phuket - Monkey Tour - Scenery 3.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
  • Phuket - James Bond Island - Boats 1.jpg
    Phuket - James Bond Island - Boats 1.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 1

Apoc184

Of course share more. I will post a few more when I am home as well.

Y2K

One thing I noticed about Huawei/Honor phones is that they struggle with white and night light, it struggles to focus sometimes but hey it works. I hope to make this a real hobby one day.

Last edited:

Apoc184

One thing I noticed about Huawei/Honor phones is that they struggle with white and night light, it struggles to focus sometimes but hey it works. I hope to make this a real hobby one day.

I think most phones will struggle with low light focusing and especially detail because of the much smaller sensor size. My Xiaomi is the same.

Which is why I love my Full Frame DSLR. As long as you have a bit of a contrasting edge in the frame you can hit focus spot on and quick.

Apoc184

What would a camera like that cost?

My whole setup was around R40k

Picked up the 6D with 24-70mm on a great cashback deal with Canon few years ago. Then managed to get the 70-200mm F2.8 at a bargain price of R10k thanks to a desperate second hand seller. 2x Extender thrown into the deal.
The other stuff I had lying around from previous kits.

Borogove