People whose home alarm goes off each time there is load-shedding...

Tribs

Yeah was my Office. All the windows are closed. Probably just a gecko or something.
We had a gecko that had moved into the beam housing near our pool. Set it off a few times and there was never anything on the cameras. Call the tech people in and used silicon to close the opening. So we evicted a gecko

Tribs

We had a gecko that had moved into the beam housing near our pool. Set it off a few times and there was never anything on the cameras. Call the tech people in and used silicon to close the opening. So we evicted a gecko
No he moved into my room - decided to shack up. He makes sure to keep out of reach of the cats though

SauRoN

At the Lab they are getting fed up with having to change the UPS batteries so often. I currently have two of these on test and it's looking good so far.
They are a direct drop in replacements that work with the normal lead acid chargers.

In testing it kept a computer (old I5) and a 20 inch screen, streaming DSTV, alive for over an hour and a half, I stopped it because the UPS was getting hot.

What’s the wizardry that makes it a drop in replacement for lead acid?

That could very well sort out my alarm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Düber

What’s the wizardry that makes it a drop in replacement for lead acid?

That could very well sort out my alarm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Apparently the BMS, there was some discussion (I forget where I read it) where it was raised that lead acid chargers don't reach high enough voltages to bring them to 100%, but that was countered by some saying that keeping the battery at 70-80% or thereabouts would give longer life.

I am seeing good results so far.