PayPal for dummies

emam

Pls can someone help this technologically challenged woman....

My daughter has started doing online work that pays in dollars (no, @Kornhole , it's not an IG only Fans page ).

They did the first transfer to her newly opened PayPal account today but we don't know how to link it up to her Capitec account in order to transfer it across.
She put in her bank details but it says the account doesn't exist.
Can anyone here shed some advice, or should we just go into capitec and ask them to help us?

Seldom Bucket

Found this posted 39 minutes ago:

Sinbad

My daughter has started doing online work that pays in dollars (no, @Kornhole , it's not an IG only Fans page ).

They did the first transfer to her newly opened PayPal account today but we don't know how to link it up to her Capitec account in order to transfer it across.
Can anyone here shed some advice, or should we just go into capitec and ask them to help us?
I think fnb are the only bank to do PayPal withdrawals.

You'll need to set up an fnb profile and then set up PayPal and the capitec account as a beneficiary

Bryn

This is the easiest method by miles, and pays out quite fast:
  • Open a free Wise account and get set up with your 'bank account' details for your USD balance.
  • Link that US 'bank account' to your PayPal. It will link fine, but takes 2-3 days for the verification amounts to clear.
  • Also add the Capitec details to your Wise account and open a ZAR balance.
  • After this is all set up, you can send amounts from PayPal to your USD Wise balance (clears in about a day), then convert the amount to your ZAR balance within Wise and then send to your Capitec account (clears in about an hour).
There's nothing better or cheaper than this that I'm aware of. It's much better than FNB's slow, overpriced PayPal service. And it even works for Stripe. Don't send from your USD balance to SA - only from the ZAR balance.

Johnatan56

This is the easiest method by miles, and pays out quite fast:
  • Open a free Wise account and get set up with your 'bank account' details for your USD balance.
  • Link that US 'bank account' to your PayPal. It will link fine, but takes 2-3 days for the verification amounts to clear.
  • Also add the Capitec details to your Wise account and open a ZAR balance.
  • After this is all set up, you can send amounts from PayPal to your USD Wise balance (clears in about a day), then convert the amount to your ZAR balance within Wise and then send to your Capitec account (clears in about an hour).
There's nothing better or cheaper than this that I'm aware of. It's much better than FNB's slow, overpriced PayPal service. And it even works for Stripe. Don't send from your USD balance to SA - only from the ZAR balance.
Would do this as well. For e.g. Europe, go Revolut route.