Over 18 (was 35, 50) in SA? Register for vaccination NOW!

biometrics

Fair enough, but I was basing it on this report. No big deal though, just thought I’d wait a bit longer.

That doesn’t indicate a difference between six or eight weeks. Fuck it I’m getting it in two weeks. Still takes two weeks after the jab to be effective. So at risk for another month. I’m not risking another two weeks in addition for an unknown marginal difference.

Rudolph Hart

That doesn’t indicate a difference between six or eight weeks. Fuck it I’m getting it in two weeks. Still takes two weeks after the jab to be effective. So at risk for another month. I’m not risking another two weeks in addition for an unknown marginal difference.
Are you in contact with many people? Or just getting really frustrated? I’m pretty keen for my second shot, but am pretty isolated so not too worried about waiting for another few weeks. I’ll go for mine at the end of the month - doubt the government lot will do it any sooner anyway.

biometrics

Are you in contact with many people? Or just getting really frustrated? I’m pretty keen for my second shot, but am pretty isolated so not too worried about waiting for another few weeks. I’ll go for mine at the end of the month - doubt the government lot will do it any sooner anyway.
Housemate is in daily contact with many people, so it will come into the house even if I am isolated. So 2nd jab is critical imo.

Paul Hjul

Got the J&J today at Clicks. Pfizer being administered for those getting second dose. I have a marginal preference for Pfizer and if the current studies on an mRNA based vaccine (primarily Pfizer and Moderna) being administered as a booster does produce the anticipated results and as a result an option (even on own pay) for an mRNA booster I'd probably take it.

Fuckall 5G connectivity or magnetic powers. So disappointed in that.

Have had the side effect of needing to eat chocolate.

biometrics

Got the J&J today at Clicks. Pfizer being administered for those getting second dose. I have a marginal preference for Pfizer and if the current studies on an mRNA based vaccine (primarily Pfizer and Moderna) being administered as a booster does produce the anticipated results and as a result an option (even on own pay) for an mRNA booster I'd probably take it.

Fuckall 5G connectivity or magnetic powers. So disappointed in that.

Have had the side effect of needing to eat chocolate.
I guess JB is considered rural. ;)

Paul Hjul

I guess JB is considered rural. ;)
The diocese seems to think so. Port Elizabeth people referring to the PE parishes as "city" and our massive parish which includes both Jbay and Stormsriver as "rural"

I think both our Clicks and the district hospital in Hdorp are suited for the cooling requirements and are on the "urban" delivery path but supplies are what they are so to avoid challenges in giving second doses are moving over a bit.

Jings

Friday was great, felt good. Yesterday wasn't so great and today feels not so good.
Went to gym this morning but couldn't finish the session.
From what I've heard from other people who've gone for the vaccine, it should be better by tomorrow.

mikewazar

It is supposed to but walk-ins are accepted if they have enough doses for the day. I am doing a walk-in next Monday.

Good stuff, thanks (y)

Out of interest, are the public (government) facilities open tomorrow? I want to take a chance since my 2nd is technically on Thursdays but a walk-in tomorrow would save some hassle...

Nvm I see it's Mon-Fri so public holidays are probably closed too. Will have to try Tuesday

Last edited:

mikewazar

Oh good so they will allow a few days before six weeks. I want to go on Monday or Tuesday though I had the first on 6 July.

What I did was call my Clicks and ask if they had doses, and boosted there ASAP to join the queue. As long as they have supply, they will provide a jab. In and out maybe 45 minutes.

biometrics

What I did was call my Clicks and ask if they had doses, and boosted there ASAP to join the queue. As long as they have supply, they will provide a jab.
I was more concerned that the EVDS insists on 42 days, but it appears it doesn't.

biometrics

@Spizz, where is Albertyn Pharmacy (it's one of the private Hermanus vaccination sites other than Clicks)?

emam

Can't be arsed to Google, and I've forgotten, but when does registration for over 18's start?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk