[OPINION]ANC needs young leaders and uDuduzane could be one

ForceFate_

It is that time of the year where South Africa celebrates Youth Day, honouring and commemorating youth of 1976 who protested on June 16 against Bantu education policies. Many were killed and injured when the police shot at them. Many more went into exile.

We usually take time to look at the changing narrative of youth in the country through various slogans and government and political events that, year after year, distort the essence of June 16.

But Covid-19 will change the way Youth Day is celebrated, and it is in that spirit that I want to jaw about Duduzane Zuma, 36. But first I will reflect on the astonishing level of complacency by the older generation in the ANC government and private sector in dealing with the challenges young people face. The response has been lip-service rather than practical measures to mitigate the issues.

ForceFate_

It looks like the thugs are making a return to the scene. Is the Zupta faction touting the lad as their next candidate? His only claim to fame is grand theft and good looks. Are they hoping to attract the youth vote?

Dave

It looks like the thugs are making a return to the scene. Is the Zupta faction touting the lad as their next candidate? His only claim to fame is grand theft and good looks. Are they hoping to attract the youth vote?

Having a quick read about him and it's a ridiculous suggestion, by doing this the ANC would be saying that the whole Gupta state capture affair was ok.

ForceFate_

Having a quick read about him and it's a ridiculous suggestion, by doing this the ANC would be saying that the whole Gupta state capture affair was ok.
It depends on which faction has the upper hand. NDZ isn't getting any younger. They'd want a name that resonates with the youth. Let's be honest...youth today are all about image and this may play into Zupta hands. This may just be the first of many articles. I'm surprised mg published this rubbish.

access™

i think its past that already, nobody is in jail. they are just sorry for being caught. next time they will be more careful...

bigAl-sa

Like father like son, both get off on serious criminal charges.