News bits

scudsucker

Research indicates why SoliderBoy likes guns:

Belief in supernatural evil is a strong predictor of pro-gun beliefs

It is partially paywalled, but the gist is
A survey of 1,572 American adults found that, apart from religious denomination or religious conservatism, belief in the devil, demons and hell is a strong predictor of eight pro-gun beliefs, including arming teachers, carrying concealed firearms and bearing high-capacity defensive weapons. A Catholic who believes in supernatural evil is more likely to hold pro-gun views than a Protestant who does not believe that Satan is corrupting souls, and vice versa.

biometrics

I remember 2 Feb 1990 very well. Had just started my first company a few weeks before, was reading the newspaper in the lift going up the old Trust Bank building in Cape Town (now the ABSA building).

You can criticize him for all you like, but he started the process of the new SA. Took courage back then.

EADC

I remember 2 Feb 1990 very well. Had just started my first company a few weeks before, was reading the newspaper in the lift going up the old Trust Bank building in Cape Town (now the ABSA building).

You can criticize him for all you like, but he started the process of the new SA. Took courage back then.

I was a Kid wasn't even in school yet, I only have vague memories of a lot of unrest around that time.

EADC

I had just turned 21. Was still busy ducking the army by "studying".

Well at least you managed to avoid it.

I always find it hard to reconcile my own upbringing being majority in a free South Africa vs my parents who had these barriers.