New Firefox, are you coping?

Johnatan56

No, I instantly turned it off.
About:config
browser.proton.enabled set to false

You can also reduce the browser.uidensity to get compact back.

Issue is still have the stupid new tab screen, it's brighter than before and removed the background color if icons.
This change is seriously making me consider swapping browsers, I've been a FF fan since probably 2004, 17 years seems to be too long for a browser according to Mozilla.

Turn the proton on/off and see the difference, that's like 1/3 of the top tab height, it's insane.

Bryn

Issue is still have the stupid new tab screen, it's brighter than before and removed the background color if icons.
This change is seriously making me consider swapping browsers, I've been a FF fan since probably 2004, 17 years seems to be too long for a browser according to Mozilla.

Turn the proton on/off and see the difference, that's like 1/3 of the top tab height, it's insane.
Thanks! I haven't used Firefox in ages on Windows as I feel that the text rendering is total shit. But I use Firefox Dev Edition a lot on my new Mac and I didn't pay much thought to the rather ugly design. Damn, it's much better when turning proton off. Wtf were these people thinking.

After that I think I'll make FFDE my main browser. Safari is great but I really miss the instant access to Feeder.co and Hoverify.

biometrics

Ok vok, I gave it a go. No.

biometrics

Not working anymore. It's set to false and now I have the crappy new interface after an update.