New Books & reviews

Düber

Next Read: The Unknown Kimi Raikkonen

40542426._SY475_.jpg
Finished this yesterday( been reading a bit sporadically because of work) and really enjoyed it. It has been written by someone that is not a huge F1 follower which gives very interesting insights and a different view of the man from what we are used to.

Seldom Bucket

Finished this yesterday( been reading a bit sporadically because of work) and really enjoyed it. It has been written by someone that is not a huge F1 follower which gives very interesting insights and a different view of the man from what we are used to.
Been struggling to read it, big fan of Kimi, but the writing is a bit disjointed.
I presume you got the rest of the truck's number plates, never said if you did

Düber

Been struggling to read it, big fan of Kimi, but the writing is a bit disjointed.
I presume you got the rest of the truck's number plates, never said if you did
Yes he has written it like a journalist would write articles and I suspect it was translated, so perhaps I just filtered automatically.

Yes I got all of them thanks, there are some real gems there, torn between the James Cory and the Obama book to read next. :)

Seldom Bucket

Yes he has written it like a journalist would write articles and I suspect it was translated, so perhaps I just filtered automatically.

Yes I got all of them thanks, there are some real gems there, torn between the James Cory and the Obama book to read next. :)
one Corey, Obama, Corey

Düber

Read this today, well written and edited.

A journey from the Cape to Cairo and beyond by a 80 year old granny in her Toyota Conquest, would most definitely recommend if want you want something light and entertaining.

Nicholas

busy with:
I found it at my local library last year, and took it out. Not bad. I've been grazing on mostly YA urban fantasy and superhero previews - especially now that a stricter lockdown has been implemented.

Being as infatuated with Mary-Sue type character as I am, I don't like it when said characters have their abilities restricted or entirely stripped from them. It does make for more of a challenge for the character, if they decide to take it on. [As opposed to deciding that becoming someone else is likely to increase their life expectancy.]

satanboy

1632829930550.png
Silent Sun by Brandon Q. Morris

A very interesting story where the suspense built up and then everything just fizzled out. 2/5

satanboy

1654176674362.png

Packing for Mars - Mary Roach​

Non-Fiction. A lot of detail about vomiting and shitting. 3/5

satanboy

1697032128455.png

One Way - S.J. Morden​

A group of prisoners are sent to start the colonisation of Mars. Murders ensue. Light reading. 3/5