New Books & reviews

satanboy

1583502837457.png
Stanisław Lem, Joanna Kilmartin (Translator), Steve Cox (Translator)

I just finished Solaris and what a departure the movie took from this book! Although I enjoyed the movie (2002), maybe the 1972 version is more in line with the book. 4/5

Last edited:

Spizz

I’ve just grabbed The Young Team by Graeme Armstrong which is getting a lot of good press in Scotland. It’s written in the same style as Trainspotting, i.e. a mixture of English and street Scots and may be difficult to pick up, but I’m told it’s going to have the same impact as Trainspotting did in popular Scottish culture.

linza

I'm busy reading the critically acclaimed historical tome The Seed is Mine by Charles van Onselen. It is impressive, and at times so well written, but it is a slog! Perhaps it should come with a warning: Not for the faint-hearted! I obviously belong in theThe Seed is Mine.png this category.

Spizz

Just finished The Puppet Show by MW Craven. An excellent thriller set in the Lake District in England and the first of a new crime series.

satanboy

1592504180847.png
Two aliens arrive on earth, the one hunting the other. A powerful force field appears over a small town. Chaos enfolds. I would have enjoyed this more if I was still 16. 2/5

satanboy

A bit of a cliched premise, but the characters in this book are second to none and make it a fantastic read.
Which one? The Stephen King book? Then I agree, but the tv series is an abomination.

Spizz

Which one? The Stephen King book? Then I agree, but the tv series is an abomination.

Yes, the book. I purposefully never watched the TV series for that reason, I didn't want to spoil what was a fantastic read.

Same with 11.22.63. I loved the book and the characters so much I avoided the series. Jibbers but I cried my way through the last few pages, I couldn't spoil that.

David101

The Never Game (Colter Shaw, #1)
The Never Game
(Colter Shaw #1)by
Jeffery Deaver (Goodreads Author)
3.95 · Rating details · 7,931 ratings · 990 reviews
From the bestselling and award-winning master of suspense, the first novel in a thrilling new series, introducing Colter Shaw.
"You have been abandoned."
A young woman has gone missing in Silicon Valley and her father has hired Colter Shaw to find her. The son of a survivalist family, Shaw is an expert tracker

satanboy

1599586295864.png

Dimension of Miracles (Dimension of Miracles #1) by Robert Sheckley

A man tries to find his way back to his earth. Similar to Douglas Adams' Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy, but written before that book. 3/5

Seldom Bucket

Busy reading this

38213061._SY475_.jpg

Never seen the related TV series though