Missing Grotto Forumites

BloodrayneZA

Work and life keeping me busy. Plus my garden is booming so I have very little time for internet, let alone study for exams. I've kind of given up the idea of going into IT because there's no chance I'll be able to even secure a job as an IT Technician.

Also work load is increasing so I'm going in when they need me and I work up to 7 hours on my feet so I'm too tired to do anything else except sit on the couch or bed watching Prime or Netflix. Also I am now working a 7 hour shift on Saturday from 3pm til 10pm.

To top it all with the work load, I'm getting up at 5am every morning to start my shifts at 6:30 in Housekeeping - we have 41 rooms and some days are hectic, with 3 others splitting up to 33 rooms between the 4 of us. So I'm in bed by 9pm and lights out by 9:30pm. It's funny I'm a night owl but I'm going to bed early every night and up at the crack of dawn.

BloodrayneZA

So I’m out of the shitty job at the hotel - glad to be rid of the lot of them backstabbers… false accusations at myself for things that were supposedly to have improved on my part, i worked hard and they stabbed me in the back.

I have two jobs at the moment but looking for another to supplement my income as it’s not enough.

biometrics

So I’m out of the shitty job at the hotel - glad to be rid of the lot of them backstabbers… false accusations at myself for things that were supposedly to have improved on my part, i worked hard and they stabbed me in the back.

I have two jobs at the moment but looking for another to supplement my income as it’s not enough.
Three jobs?! Seems crazy unless these are all part time?

Edit: is it all that rosy in the UK? Wouldn't you be better off back home?

BloodrayneZA

Three jobs?! Seems crazy unless these are all part time?

Edit: is it all that rosy in the UK? Wouldn't you be better off back home?
all part time.

truthfully there’s nothing to come back to. My parents won’t help me if I return and I have to find my own way so I’m better off here til something better comes up.

you’d think they give priority to people with disabilities but it is not the case. I applied for two jobs only to find out they wouldn’t allow me to work alone because I can’t hear the fire alarm.

so I can’t work in power plants and factory sites.

biometrics

all part time.

truthfully there’s nothing to come back to. My parents won’t help me if I return and I have to find my own way so I’m better off here til something better comes up.

you’d think they give priority to people with disabilities but it is not the case. I applied for two jobs only to find out they wouldn’t allow me to work alone because I can’t hear the fire alarm.

That sounds backwards. Don't they know about flashing lights and stuff?

OCP

all part time.

I thought you were working in IT at one point?