Measles

satanboy

1678698544056.png
The measles outbreak has now been declared in all the provinces in South Africa except for the Eastern Cape. Please ensure that your child is up-to-date with immunizations. Go to the nearest clinic or call the National Health Hotline at 0800 029 999.

scudsucker

Didn't all you South Africans get the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine around 6 years old?

I recall mine, the nurse was surnamed Sithole and she was less than impressed with my juvenile joke to my friend that her name was "sit in a hole". She was nice to me when she gave the the jab though.

Not quite as exciting as when we needed to have a vaccine aged about 11 or 12, and as the first two or three (we were sorted by gender, then alphabet, I was very near the front) got to see the girl who was at the end of the girls line's naked bum. Thanks Lara.

biometrics

Didn't all you South Africans get the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine around 6 years old?

I recall mine, the nurse was surnamed Sithole and she was less than impressed with my juvenile joke to my friend that her name was "sit in a hole". She was nice to me when she gave the the jab though.

Not quite as exciting as when we needed to have a vaccine aged about 11 or 12, and as the first two or three (we were sorted by gender, then alphabet, I was very near the front) got to see the girl who was at the end of the girls line's naked bum. Thanks Lara.
Which is the one that left the mark on our left shoulders?

Sinbad

I think that big round scar is a smallpox vaccination scar?
Or it could be BCG, which is given at birth. I wasn't born in SA so it's possible I didn't have it.