Donate towards running costs

EmJay

I should probably bump this thread.

Bump!

You have collected around 3 years of running costs, yet you are still bumping this thread?

I think your users deserve a little warning before they carry on donating money.

biometrics is the only admin, and he is using his administrative privilege's in a manner which will kill these forums. I would think a little before donating real world money to this endeavor.

You see, if you want to run forums that are half decent, you shouldn't really talk about the back end stuff. Because now I don't trust anything I post here or anything to with my account because you act like this. And a few of the other users shouldn't either. There is a reason admins on MyBB stay above this BS, but you get right in there and make content for your own forums. I get you want to partake in the discussions, but if you want to start wielding your admin privilege's as a way to mock people and make fun of them, users should really be very wary of these forums.

These are just posts from this thread. One wonders what else is lurking around.

At least on MyBroadband the admins and mods act with a little iota of professionalism and neutrality.

Dave

You have collected around 3 years of running costs, yet you are still bumping this thread?

I think your users deserve a little warning before they carry on donating money.

biometrics is the only admin, and he is using his administrative privilege's in a manner which will kill these forums. I would think long and hard before donating real world money to this endeavor.

You know it isn’t compulsory to donate? You don’t have to make up reasons why you haven’t…

EmJay

You know it isn’t compulsory to donate? You don’t have to make up reasons why you haven’t…

I actually did consider making a small donation because I appreciate a platform which offers limited rules. However after today, I am pretty sure I won't be logging back in here. As much as there are no rules, I don't trust the admin with any of my information. And other users should be wary too.

biometrics

biometrics is the only admin, and he is using his administrative privilege's in a manner which will kill these forums. I would think a little before donating real world money to this endeavor.
You are mistaken, again.

biometrics

I actually did consider making a small donation because I appreciate a platform which offers limited rules. However after today, I am pretty sure I won't be logging back in here. As much as there are no rules, I don't trust the admin with any of my information. And other users should be wary too.
What are you inferring? Because I don't know what you ranting about.

biometrics

Nothing says combatting "misinformation" by saying I am mistaken and then failing to not correct what I have said.

:LOL:
If you ask nicely I would explain the cash flow, or you can read the whole thread. You are wrong.

satanboy

Nothing says combatting "misinformation" by saying I am mistaken and then failing to not correct what I have said.

:LOL:
Have you skipped your meds or something? You keep throwing accusations around but offer no explanations or proof.

biometrics

What information? The only thing required to register is an email address. :confused:

EmJay

If you ask nicely I would explain the cash flow, or you can read the whole thread. You are wrong.

Ok, I don't care enough to read 17 pages to get to an answer. And it's only R10k or R12k, so, meh. Whatever. It should be there in the first post so new people get the context of the ask, and not what it has evolved into over time. Your first post says R3.7k per year for running costs. You should update it so your bumps have relevance.

biometrics

Ok, I don't care enough to read 17 pages to get to an answer. And it's only R10k or R12k, so, meh. Whatever. It should be there in the first post so new people get the context of the ask, and not what it has evolved into over time. Your first post says R3.7k per year for running costs. You should update it so your bumps have relevance.
Thanks for the advice.

Johnatan56

Thread has cases of e.g. buying gallery plugin and stuff (which a user donated specifically for), the first post was what it cost to keep maintenance going.

Just enjoy it being free, once forum starts having issues due to hosting costs, at that point come back to the thread, see how all the money was spent etc. and see if you want to keep it going, rest of us just generally donated a month or two of operating costs as we like having the forum and it's more a case of donating for past having hosted rather than a true guarantee that hosting will be in the future, it's a donation, not a service.