Mashroom Beer

Spizz

Try these, probably the best in SA. @Spizz they have Mr Brownstone at the H&A Brewery.

Most of the beers at The Hart in Melkbosstrand is from there, so you likely had some when you were there.

I went to that Woodstock Brewery for a MyBB meet. Nice place although I can't remember what I was drinking. I'm currently enamoured with the Saggy Stone range though. The Rocky River Pale Ale is pretty fab.

biometrics

We can agree on that. I don't really like ale, but that one is pretty good beer.

Another good ale is the Birkenhead Honey Blonde, though I never see it outside of Stanford.
Used to get it at the Spar in Her*anus. Been to the brewery twice, food is shit or I'd go more often. Oh the Gecko bar used to have it on tap but haven't been there since covid.

scudsucker

Used to get it at the Spar in Her*anus. Been to the brewery twice, food is shit or I'd go more often. Oh the Gecko bar used to have it on tap but haven't been there since covid.
You don't go to a brewery to eat.

scudsucker

I actually tried to get my UK client, who is quite adventurous, to homebrew Umqombothi recently. She was initially keen but..

I come from Zim, where the leading brand of sorghum tradtional beer used to be served in a container known as a "scud missile" (after Gulf war I) and that is the origin of my username.

Sadly, it is very hard to find umqombothi in Cape Town.

Drinking it ticks both "food" and "beer" boxes.

Tribs

I actually tried to get my UK client, who is quite adventurous, to homebrew Umqombothi recently. She was initially keen but..

I come from Zim, where the leading brand of sorghum tradtional beer used to be served in a container known as a "scud missile" (after Gulf war I) and that is the origin of my username.

Sadly, it is very hard to find umqombothi in Cape Town.

Drinking it ticks both "food" and "beer" boxes.
we had a gardener when I was really young - he came from Mocambique. He used to make it. And used to give it to us. If I remember correctly it was a thick liquid

scudsucker

we had a gardener when I was really young - he came from Mocambique. He used to make it. And used to give it to us. If I remember correctly it was a thick liquid
It is like a thin porridge, nothing like a lager. Ideally it has small lumps of sorghum about 0.5mm to 1mm wide. So, yes, a thick liquid with lumps in it.