Mainstream print media stats for 2020, which will be the next one to go?

Blantyre

Associated Media was the big casualty of 2020 having shutdown. COVID probably did play a role but this industry was in crisis even before the onset which just sped things up.print.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

biometrics

Yes, these are daily print publications.

Associated Media owned Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan and House and Leisure.
Wow! Iqbal really fucked up the Cape Argus and Cape Times. They used to be huge.

biometrics

It's a mystery how long they will last. No way those titles are profitable based upon readership.
The Argus and Cape Times used to be massive. I used to read it daily since 1989+. Sometimes more than one a day. Shows you, bring underhand politics and public manipulation into a publication and your loyal base will leave you in droves. So sad. No ways they can cover costs at 9,000 a day. Pathetic.

Blantyre

So sad. No ways they can cover costs at 9,000 a day. Pathetic.

Probably surviving on PIC and Chinese funding but how long will that last? I highly doubt the lost readers will head back, if anything they will lose more.

If there is another scandal in which someone takes court action, it could be game over.

biometrics

Probably surviving on PIC and Chinese funding but how long will that last? I highly doubt the lost readers will head back, if anything they more will lose more.

If there is another scandal in which someone takes court action, it could be game over.
Do they still own and operate from this block?

1617991259153.png