LPW 31: Resistance is futile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

This had me thinking all day.

I remembered my ex. A bar lady (I have a thing for them).

One Jaeger Bomb too many and I woke up next to her. I just went with the flow for a while. She was fun.

I met the love of my life a few weeks later (we’ve been together for 11 years now). The next day she rocked up drunk at 10am (a Sunday). Crying and drinking for six hours straight, while I was trying to recover for work the next day.

“Please leave so that I can kill myself” is what I was thinking. I forget what I told her to get her out of the door. We broke up that day and haven’t spoken since.

I’ve been beating myself up about her subconsciously ever since. Spoke to my wife about it today and apparently they’re on good terms again. She’s on her second husband and first child (and happy now).

Strange how things you don’t even know you’re thinking about can affect you.

I still have to talk to her one day but I feel better already.

Still lots to process.
I should get back into Honeypop.

Nicholas

Coffee and sugar rationing has been implemented at the place I stay at. One of the residents was consuming a tremendous amount of it. We have each been issued with small plastic containers of sugar and coffee - enough for up to 3 mugs of tea or coffee a day. This should shake things up a bit. I think I needed something like to enliven this humdrum existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.