LPW 25: Loadshedding can't get you if you're not there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

biometrics

The meds are designed to keep you in the normal range. If you don't take them then you could be in trouble areas again. My hubby stopped his for a while and things got really bad. He is on them again. Same with a friend of mine. She stopped them and ended up in emergency one weekend. Speak to your doc - perhaps he can change the dosage.

I agree with @Tribs take it. I have found if I skip a day (unknowingly), it normally only starts catching me around 40h after taking the last dose.
Yeah I’m not stopping, just curious. Ok so 22 hours isn’t enough for it to wear out I guess. Without I’m around 150 to 160.

Reason I’m wondering is I’m losing a lot of weight, down 17. But another 10 to go.

Tribs

Yeah I’m not stopping, just curious. Ok so 22 hours isn’t enough for it to wear out I guess. Without I’m around 150 to 160.

Reason I’m wondering is I’m losing a lot of weight, down 17. But another 10 to go.
That you need to chat to your doc about. Not sure weight was the cause for your high blood pressure. But your change in diet could affect it. Just give him/her a call.

biometrics

That you need to chat to your doc about. Not sure weight was the cause for your high blood pressure. But your change in diet could affect it. Just give him/her a call.
He confirmed there is a direct link between being overweight/obese and high blood pressure and cholesterol.

My housemate was on high blood pressure meds and was taken off when she lost weight.

Tribs

He confirmed there is a direct link between being overweight/obese and high blood pressure and cholesterol.

My housemate was on high blood pressure meds and was taken off when she lost weight.
My mother is really thin and on both cholesterol and high blood pressure tabs.

biometrics

My mother is really thin and on both cholesterol and high blood pressure tabs.
Sure but some people are taken off when they become normal weight, I'm hoping I'll be one. Unlikely but possible.

Johnatan56

@biometrics both side of my family have chronic high blood pressure, runs in the family.
In regards to not taking for a day or two, you'd be fine, you should take it every 24 hours about, but missing it by a while doesn't matter. It takes a good week or two before it's at the point where the complete effect of the medication (well depends on type) is gone, that said don't try to go for two weeks without taking any.

Losing weight can reduce blood pressure again, but just check your blood pressure while still taking them and if it starts getting too low over time or you're feeling drowsy etc. go talk to the doc to have a check-up and see if you still need.

Good luck with the weight loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.