LPW 25: Loadshedding can't get you if you're not there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnatan56

Weird, haven't seen this in any place I've lived.
Hermanus inner town was definitely quite dirty the last time I visited, not the harbor area for tourists, but once you go a bit away from it, the township people are just terrible.

My neighborhood side in TV we also had no litter on our streets, but that's suburbia again. If you walked toward bayside you'd have dirt here and there, and if you went to the open fields there was definitely rubbish in places, but at least city came and cleaned it up often enough.

I've never seen someone purposefully drop dirt here in western Europe, it's just not the culture, or at least I have never gone somewhere low class enough where they do so.

Nicholas

Do you want me to do the same for where I live now? I live about 200-250m from probably the second largest train station in the city, so quite a bit of foot traffic these few roads (well, not my road, would have to go down to main road and can take pics of it for you since that would probably be more fair a comparison).

Street sweepers clear the street at least once a week, most of the time twice, and you do not get things like people just dropping plastic bags or chip packets etc.
You live in a different world. What surprised me is the amount of traffic. I thought most people in London use public transport.

Tribs

I can never remember dreams. Only pounding heart says it wasn't good, and you had to get out. Then I usually lie awake for hours
That's bad. I don't mind the really bad dreams. They do wake me but then I manage to change the dream. Only a few times have I not been able to change dreams. But I never lie awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.