LPW 24: The ROomba Of Doom, Visiting Under Lara's Bed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnatan56

Aren't you the fussy one. :D
Of course I am, it's my defining trait, @Tribs can attest. :p

Man I dislike the postal service here, it works, sure, but "due to covid" they fail delivering parcels on time.
8am I get a notification that my parcel is going to be delivered, which means delivery before 1pm, yet 2pm now and still haven't gotten anything and now I have to go out so they will definitely just leave a paper saying come pick up at branch for a 15kg package. Everyone else delivers properly and within a nice window, just not the actual post office. They used to be near clock-work in terms of times showing up etc., not even 5 years ago, but then again this was me in outskirts/small town vs in middle of city.

Lara

Of course I am, it's my defining trait, @Tribs can attest. :p

Man I dislike the postal service here, it works, sure, but "due to covid" they fail delivering parcels on time.
8am I get a notification that my parcel is going to be delivered, which means delivery before 1pm, yet 2pm now and still haven't gotten anything and now I have to go out so they will definitely just leave a paper saying come pick up at branch for a 15kg package. Everyone else delivers properly and within a nice window, just not the actual post office. They used to be near clock-work in terms of times showing up etc., not even 5 years ago, but then again this was me in outskirts/small town vs in middle of city.
Let it be a lesson to you. The middle of nowhere isn't always as bad as you think it is. ;)

Johnatan56

Let it be a lesson to you. The middle of nowhere isn't always as bad as you think it is. ;)
Have you gotten a single piece of mail from the South African postal service within the last 5 years? Was a single one a parcel or letter that was not a bill or written letter/worth anything?

biometrics

Have you gotten a single piece of mail from the South African postal service within the last 5 years? Was a single one a parcel or letter that was not a bill or written letter?
SAPO is near dead. Companies die. Just because it's a SOE doesn't mean we should feel bad about it. It was shit in the 70's and 80's . It's still shit.

Düber

Have you gotten a single piece of mail from the South African postal service within the last 5 years? Was a single one a parcel or letter that was not a bill or written letter/worth anything?
The only thing that makes it through the gauntlet of SAPO for me are E-toll bills. The useful stuff like car licence renewals doesn't seem to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.