LPW 22: The ides of March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

I would do photography. I would learn to draw and paint. I would work in my garden and learn more about woodworking. I would build things. I would go places (provided I had money)

I am going to go on a smithing course with a friend of mine (when covid is over) and we are going to learn to make a Viking ax. It is going to be awesome.
In other words, you'll be waiting years to make an axe. If it is true that South Africa will be exporting 100 million doses of the vaccine to the USA this year, then it's disgusting. The US is a wealthy country that is more than capable of manufacturing its own vaccines. Our locally manufactured vaccines should be administered to South Africans and people in neighbouring countries.

Dave

Our locally manufactured vaccines should be administered to South Africans and people in neighbouring countries.

They're only being locally produced because the (American) company put up the cash to build the facility and pays the wages of locals to produce the product. It doesn’t mean the product should then be given away locally when the company has other plans for its output (that it paid for).

Your kind of thinking being put into practice would ultimately lead to company’s like Johnson and Johnson not investing in third world countries to the detriment of their population.

Status
Not open for further replies.