LPW 21: Last Poser Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnatan56

On the contrary, many higher educated people have a lot of offspring, what I do agree with is that people who are educated are less likely to have more than 2 kids but many do, It's their choice afterall.
Take Elon Musk for example he has 7 kids.

What you also have to consider is the religious aspect, ie: people of the Islamic faith have many kids to spread their religion, according to the Quran children are a gift from God.

Overall the total fertility rate is going down as the general population realises they just can't afford it.
Elon Musk is more of an exception than a rule, if you look at the averages, most will only have 1 or 2 kids, so less than they were before.
If you look at the population of Germany and Austria for example, you'll see that their native population is declining and most of the population growth comes from immigrants.

biometrics

Elon Musk is more of an exception than a rule, if you look at the averages, most will only have 1 or 2 kids, so less than they were before.
If you look at the population of Germany and Austria for example, you'll see that their native population is declining and most of the population growth comes from immigrants.
My father was one of 11. My mother one of 2.

Johnatan56

My father was one of 11. My mother one of 2.
My great grandmother was one of 7, she was born as a noble in 1918 so highly educated family, basically all except three of them died in WW2, with her being the last one to pass away in the middle of last year at 102.

Meanwhile she and my grandfather (who was a Prof) had a total of two children.

My dad's side they were lower middle class, grandfather head of a newspaper printing business, they had 3 kids, of which only 2 kids had kids, one with 3, one with 2, both being married to highly educated or being highly educated (so doctor, software engineer, bank manager).

Out of my high school class, everyone was educated, only one family had more than 3 kids AFAIK, average was 1.5 probably, and that one family exception was 10 kids with the wife having remarried 3 times, the oldest kids of hers have had no children last I checked (was a year ago), and none of the ones <30 have had kids.

On average, education definitely does reduce the number of children in the modern world, that includes that the wife is educated.

Tribs

My great grandmother was one of 7, she was born as a noble in 1918 so highly educated family, basically all except three of them died in WW2, with her being the last one to pass away in the middle of last year at 102.

Meanwhile she and my grandfather (who was a Prof) had a total of two children.

My dad's side they were lower middle class, grandfather head of a newspaper printing business, they had 3 kids, of which only 2 kids had kids, one with 3, one with 2, both being married to highly educated or being highly educated (so doctor, software engineer, bank manager).

Out of my high school class, everyone was educated, only one family had more than 3 kids AFAIK, average was 1.5 probably, and that one family exception was 10 kids with the wife having remarried 3 times, the oldest kids of hers have had no children last I checked (was a year ago), and none of the ones <30 have had kids.

On average, education definitely does reduce the number of children in the modern world, that includes that the wife is educated.
How do you remember all this? I have trouble remembering who my relatives are and where they are. Not to mention which have kids. And we have a small family

Jings

Hopefully everyone will have a nice day

Tomorrow will be better.

Got sent to work from home today for disclosing "covid-19" symptoms which turns out to be tonsillitis. Rather unusual at my age but still. Monday back at the office because the boss is happy a doctor diagnosed it. My word was not good enough. Still wondering how I managed to contract the infection that caused the tonsillitis.

If a mask and regular hand sanitising doesn't prevent a common infection, how does it prevent covid-19?

bigAl-sa

Tomorrow will be better.

Got sent to work from home today for disclosing "covid-19" symptoms which turns out to be tonsillitis. Rather unusual at my age but still. Monday back at the office because the boss is happy a doctor diagnosed it. My word was not good enough. Still wondering how I managed to contract the infection that caused the tonsillitis.

If a mask and regular hand sanitising doesn't prevent a common infection, how does it prevent covid-19?
Is tonsilitis an airborne infection?

BloodrayneZA

Tomorrow will be better.

I had the same about 3 weeks ago

Johnatan56

How do you remember all this? I have trouble remembering who my relatives are and where they are. Not to mention which have kids. And we have a small family
Met them all quite a few times, Austria side I meet them once a year about at least, Belgium side on average every two years.
And Austrian/mom's side I know the family history well enough till 1850 as my gran used to talk about that side and then my grandfather would chime in his side, but technically can check back to ~1600 as have books with family history and technically can go back even further on my grans' side but not full tree.
I did nazi that coming...

😇
That's quite in bad taste.

BloodrayneZA

How do you think the infection was picked up?
I think housemate brought something back from work before they shut down for lockdown and he was also not looking good either - then I got it a week later and was down for two weeks then my lip split at the corner and became infected so now I’m not well again and been treating symptoms as it’s nothing I can do til it’s healed up. The lip thing I get every winter and I’ve had it twice this winter compared to last winter I struggled throughout the whole of winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.