LPW 21: Last Poser Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jings

It's more that because both parents work, things could become more expensive as demand.
Not so sure about that. I've been around since the 70s and everything has become substantially more expensive.

Believe it or not, thirty years ago VAT was only 10 percent. Rand value was 2.63 to the dollar.

biometrics

Not so sure about that. I've been around since the 70s and everything has become substantially more expensive.

Believe it or not, thirty years ago VAT was only 10 percent.
30 years ago it GST.

Jings

I have just heard that a member of the extended family has come down with a severe case of CoViD-19 and has been put on a ventilator.
:-(
Sorry to hear. I hope your relative makes a good recovery.

Y2K

US because English and can have nicer weather, also have citizenship by birth, so can work there no issue.

Yeah, still shocks me when I see people with 10+ immediate family, just doesn't really exist for higher educated people anymore.
On the contrary, many higher educated people have a lot of offspring, what I do agree with is that people who are educated are less likely to have more than 2 kids but many do, It's their choice afterall.
Take Elon Musk for example he has 7 kids.

What you also have to consider is the religious aspect, ie: people of the Islamic faith have many kids to spread their religion, according to the Quran children are a gift from God.

Overall the total fertility rate is going down as the general population realises they just can't afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.