LPW 18: Last Post Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

biometrics

Going to look at my booze stock today. See what I actually have.
10 x whiskey
3 x gin
2 x rum
200L beer
40 x wine

But I drink Saturdays now so it will last a year plus.

And my local bootlegger already sent his price list after the speech.

Tribs

I had two bottles of Brandy in the delivery from PnP scheduled for this afternoon - no doubt they are going to remove them and refund me
This sux. I have two bottles of beer - and two Vodka and one Sambucca. But I am cool giving up for a while. It helps with losing weight.

Jings

Don’t think it will only be 14 days.

Economy is already making a big sacrifice these 14 days, hence the short period of assessment, unlike the previous times. Any more time than that and Covid will be the least of our worries. Remember tons of SA's reserves have been lost to corruption and hopeless bailouts. It's that bad that government haven't been able to reserve more than 10% of required Covid vaccines for next year. That should be an indication how dire the situation is.

Tribs

If people avoid other people - 14 days will work. But people will do it for a few days and then get together with friends and boom - we have another 14 days to wait

biometrics

Economy is already making a big sacrifice these 14 days, hence the short period of assessment, unlike the previous times. Any more time than that and Covid will be the least of our worries. Remember tons of SA's reserves have been lost to corruption and hopeless bailouts. It's that bad that government haven't been able to reserve more than 10% of required Covid vaccines for next year. That should be an indication how dire the situation is.
This time around all trade is allowed except booze so the economy will be ok without it. It’s going to be more than 14 days to get over this peak.

In any case most drinkers are prepared this time.

biometrics

If people avoid other people - 14 days will work. But people will do it for a few days and then get together with friends and boom - we have another 14 days to wait
What is the definition of a gathering?

Tribs

What is the definition of a gathering?
When people from different locations/households get together for a common purpose. That is why they are even limiting how many people can go into a store again. Too many and it would be a gathering.

Jings

This time around all trade is allowed except booze so the economy will be ok without it. It’s going to be more than 14 days to get over this peak.

In any case most drinkers are prepared this time.

The concern is more the holidaymakers than the peak. Hopefully after the holidays the virus has a chance to calm down.

Jings

When people from different locations/households get together for a common purpose. That is why they are even limiting how many people can go into a store again. Too many and it would be a gathering.
There are too many of us at the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.