LPW 18: Last Post Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jings

My order of 3 things was supposed to be delivered today. They called me - they have misplaced the 3rd item so will not be delivering. I think the guy was just lazy
Maybe the guy went to buy alcohol ahead of the president's address tonight.

Johnatan56

That is possible. Makro was empty - but the queue outside the Liquor section was looooong
Government is probably going to try, but unsure, it will be taken to court and probably overturned quick enough since cigarette one is a precedent.

Also government has a huge budget hole to fill, blocking alcohol sales will probably cause economy to tank again with investors being worried/new outflow again.

Düber

Suddenly all those jokes about 2020 never ending are not so funny anymore.

Nicholas

Searched for side effects and seems you're not the only one reporting remembering more dreams.

Took Risperidone back in 2011 for visual hallucinations during the daytime and also remembered dreams being more vivid.
Ironically started experiencing auditory hallucinations, like voices talking through the car radio.
Stopped the medication and the auditory hallucinations stopped. After that only experience them at night again, at bedtime, which is more manageable.
It might be Olexar that has brought this on. I was on Risperidone up until around 2 months ago.

Nicholas

In light of the reimposition of alert level 3, my boss has instructed me to revert to working from my place of residence.

Nicholas

Does it bother you or are you okay with the memorably profound dreams?
What bothers me is that it makes me so drowsy and that it is costing me around R300 a month. Cancelled Netflix to help to compensate for that, and will continue to look out for ways to save money.

Jings

What bothers me is that it makes me so drowsy and that it is costing me around R300 a month. Cancelled Netflix to help to compensate for that, and will continue to look out for ways to save money.

That's hectic. What brought about the change in meds if I may ask?

Johnatan56

Suddenly all those jokes about 2020 never ending are not so funny anymore.
Well, lockdown level 3 is back, so seems yes.
Alcohol trauma fills hospital beds. Not the same thing.
Alcohol trauma was bars and stuff usually, everyone is still going to get alcohol for private even with the ban, this is not going to stop it and as you saw by the liquor queues, new years is going to be crazy this year with people letting loose and not caring, since for a lot of people, 2020 has probably been the worst year ever.

Personally, this has been a meh year for me, both a lot better in some ways and a lot worse in others compared to last year, first 3 months were probably some of the best I've had in years, while rest of the year was garbage being stuck at home with sprinkles of nice things thrown in (e.g. Kruger). Was fun getting Covid and being bedridden as well, then having tiredness for a while, slightly worried that it might come back to haunt me since 1/10 seem to have it and I've been a bit tired lately, hoping it's just the bad hours I'm keeping recently.

Last edited:

Jings

Good morning.

What are your all doing in this first day of lockdown?

I'll be going to work. Long weekend is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.