Isn't there an Apple keynote address tonight?

sand_man

Wouldn't mind going back to iOS. Too damned expensive though. Android bugging me a bit. Been on it for the best part of 3 years now and there inconsistencies which are annoying. Loved it for the most part but it doesn't behave as predictably as my iOS powered iPad. Period.

@satanboy Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Johnatan56

1602611319691.png
I like how they say 50% faster than any other mobile CPU/GPU, but don't actually mention power budgets or size...
Snapdragon 875 is set to launch on the 1st of December, always fun how Apple is half a year ahead in terms of release cycle, Qualcomm should really try and close the gap at one point.

"Best machine learning platform in a smartphone" Google should lay false advertising there, it's most likely Tensorflow Lite they're talking about which is cross platform.
If it's CoreML then it's comparing to ML Kit, and ML Kit definitely has a lot more prebuilt models etc. that are useful out there, and XCode should be an instant huge negative to making it "best".

I think Apple is likely to have thrown the power reduction out the window for the A14 and just bumped up performance instead, not to say that's a bad thing, but if you don't mention battery life improvements, that's probably what they're hiding.

"Tougher than any smartphone glass"
Did they go plastic? So will be more scratchy. Every manufacturer at the moment uses the same glass, Corning's "Victus" is currently the best one, but it's still glass.

"6.1" screen, but with smaller bezels, resulting in a smaller iPhone"
It was amazing how large the bezels were, especially that top one, which is still huge.

Homepod mini would be interesting if Siri just wasn't so garbage compared to Google Assistant and the ecosystem actually integrated with other.

"Intercom functionality to communicate between HomePods in your home as well as all your Apple iDevices." So competing with Google's Broadcast I guess? They're both a little different though, and I'd just call using Duo on my assistant.

The magsafe looks good, wish they'd make a charger that stands a little bit so you can use it as a nightstand clock.

The iPhone 12 mini will definitely be a very good seller, not sure why so many manufacturers can't make smaller phones anymore.

They're pricing their phones back to normal flagship territory, interesting.

Would be nice if they could support AV1 video encoding....