Is this you?

emam

Something has always fascinated me.
Why do people have to pretend to be someone they are not on the internet?
Why do they have two "separate" lives?

Are you the same person on the internet as you are in real life or do you have to bullshit everyone for attention? It's just starting to piss me off and I don't know why.

I know I'm me.... who I am on the internet is who I am in real life, and those who have met me, can vouch for that.

emam

What you see (read) is what you get. The seemingly switch between 'personalities' is real
Switching personalities is "ok"... But pretending to be a whole different person is something else..... Where does someone like that draw the line between reality and fantasy?

Seldom Bucket

Switching personalities is "ok"... But pretending to be a whole different person is something else..... Where does someone like that draw the line between reality and fantasy?
That is usually someone that does not have a satisfying life, or can't stand up for themselves, so they use the anonymity of the internet to take their frustrations of everyday life out on others they never have to see or meet

OCP

Are you the same person on the internet as you are in real life or do you have to bullshit everyone for attention? It's just starting to piss me off and I don't know why.

I know I'm me.... who I am on the internet is who I am in real life, and those who have met me, can vouch for that.
Same - I'm the same at home with kids, as I am with my partner, at work or online.

If you don't like me - that's your problem; not going to be someone else for anyone else's sake.

emam

This is me. Except I wouldn't flirt so much with EMAM in real life. My wife would dismember me slowly
Hahaha, yes, I do that too
But to live a WHOLE other life? My mind boggles.. There must be something mentally wrong

OCP

Who are you referring to?

I guess that is a pointless question.
I'm going to say the main trolls at the "other" place are very different in real life ;-)

The few forum people I've met have all been down to earth and very much like their online persona's.

Tribs

I am different - depending on who you are in my life. But I am more genuinely me online, than I am in person. I tend to be whoever people expect me to be. Only my close friends get to see parts of the real me. Online you see more of the actual person.

So - if you meet me in real life - you will think I am someone else. But if you know me here - then you know me better than most do.

OCP

I am who I am.
I am one of the people that shares the most about my work life than anyone else (here) imho. Making up crap takes too much effort.
You really sound like you need/deserve another job.
No-one deserves to take the amount of kak you have to deal with.

satanboy

You really sound like you need/deserve another job.
No-one deserves to take the amount of kak you have to deal with.
I am sure there are people here that have similar work experiences, they are just to scared to share, lazy or embarrassed.

Reactions: OCP

Grouter

I am, I believe, a happy healthy guy, in a happy marriage, staring down at my 60th birthday next year. I try very hard not to be a asshole: online and in real life. It's just not worth it, spreading anger and pissing people off. Being nice to everyone I meet just helps spread the love and makes everyone feel better.
Kisses and hugs! 💑

emam

I am different - depending on who you are in my life. But I am more genuinely me online, than I am in person. I tend to be whoever people expect me to be. Only my close friends get to see parts of the real me. Online you see more of the actual person.

So - if you meet me in real life - you will think I am someone else. But if you know me here - then you know me better than most do.
I don't care who you are... I know you and I like you and you don't live a lie x

Y2K

I am who I am.
I am one of the people that shares the most about my work life than anyone else (here) imho. Making up crap takes too much effort.
Everything I have mentioned in the threads is true, I can't reveal too much about my clients due to NDA.