iPadOS 15.x issues

biometrics

Safari constantly takes ages to load pages if at all while my Android phone loads it instantly.

I don’t have iCloud+ and thus Private Relay is not enabled. Hide IP Address is also disabled in Safari settings.

Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution. Can’t downgrade the OS which I would if I could.

I only upgraded to get the damn edit cursor fixed.

satanboy

Yeah, I only use my iPad for youtube for that reason. It also constantly loses my youtube settings and/or it ignores them.

Last edited:

biometrics

No, can't say I've noticed it. Every now and then a page might be slow to load, but not a usual thing.
If you google you'll see other users with this issue. Started with v15 and seems to have something to do with their new privacy focus. Suggestions have been Private Relay, Hide My IP Address and another in the wifi settings which I can't find (probably only on iPhone).

It is incredibly annoying to the point I want to abandon the device.

Even does it on other browsers so it's an OS level issue.

Dave

If you google you'll see other users with this issue. Started with v15 and seems to have something to do with their new privacy focus. Suggestions have been Private Relay, Hide My IP Address and another in the wifi settings which I can't find (probably only on iPhone).

It is incredibly annoying to the point I want to abandon the device.

Even does it on other browsers so it's an OS level issue.

I probably do 90% of my browsing with safari on iPad, admittedly I am on iOS 15.2 and have been so for a while which might make a difference.

biometrics

I probably do 90% of my browsing with safari on iPad, admittedly I am on iOS 15.2 and have been so for a while which might make a difference.
Beta I assume. Never tried betas, how do you do that? Worth a try before I toss it across the room.

SauRoN

Tried resetting network settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

biometrics

So it turns out my iPad connectivity slows to a crawl during load shedding but my Android phone is fine. What the actual fuck is going on?! They are both connected to the same LTE router.

SauRoN

So it turns out my iPad connectivity slows to a crawl during load shedding but my Android phone is fine. What the actual fuck is going on?! They are both connected to the same LTE router.

Turn on WMM/APSD.

SauRoN

Explain please.

Keep in mine the LTE router has backup power and the iPad uses wifi with no sim installed.

It’s a setting on your Router.

Apple, unlike the rest actually adhere to standards and protocols.

Also if it’s a 2.4Ghz only router bear in mind that Apple only supports 20mhz 2.4ghz and therefore maximum bandwidth of 144mbits.

Johnatan56

Apple, unlike the rest actually adhere to standards and protocols.
That's hilarious because of how wrong that is.

What usually happens with most Apple devices is that if 2.4GHz and 5GHz is combined, it will first connect to 5GHz but if 5GHz weakens too much or drops, the device will swap to 2.4GHz and not swap back to 5GHz.

Johnatan56

That's wrong, my iPad and iPhone often hop between 2.4 and 5GHz.

Let's not go all fanboi here...
It only does if full drop again, had this specific issue in 2019, I would doubt they'd have fixed it since it's been an issue since at least the iPad 2 and was definitely an issue on Mac OS.

BTW Nokia has the same behavior.

In regards to standards, Safari. Then not adopting modern standards like USB c because they get royalties.

Dave

It only does if full drop again, had this specific issue in 2019, I would doubt they'd have fixed it since it's been an issue since at least the iPad 2 and was definitely an issue on Mac OS.

BTW Nokia has the same behavior.

iPad 2? FFS John that was obsolete about 5 years ago!

And no, I've separated my 2.4 and 5 in the past to get 2.4 devices registered on the network (like smart plugs) and connected my iPhone/iPad to the 2.4, I've noticed it back on 5zGHz later that day. On IPad Pro and iPhone 12.

In regards to standards, Safari. Then not adopting modern standards like USB c because they get royalties.

You're drifting into fanboism again, I don't remember mentioning Safari or USB-C so not sure why the rant about them, and for the record Apple have adopted USB-C, just not on iPhone. iPad Pro and their laptops/desktops have usb-c now.

Not everything is an Apple vs Android argument, you know?

Dave

Oh, and to add, usb-c/lightning isn't a big deal. I'd still need two chargers and two leads as my OnePlus phones will only Warp charge with the one+ original charger and lead (and won't fast charge the iPhone) while the iPhone will only fast charge using its Apple charger and lead (and wouldn't fast charge the OnePlus).

Until a single ultra-fast charge standard is agreed a different port makes very little difference.

Johnatan56

iPad 2? FFS John that was obsolete about 5 years ago!
I said since.
And no, I've separated my 2.4 and 5 in the past to get 2.4 devices registered on the network (like smart plugs) and connected my iPhone/iPad to the 2.4, I've noticed it back on 5zGHz later that day. On IPad Pro and iPhone 12.
Yes, when it drops again, be it from signal drop, device going into deep sleep, etc.
You're drifting into fanboism again, I don't remember mentioning Safari or USB-C so not sure why the rant about them, and for the record Apple have adopted USB-C, just not on iPhone. iPad Pro and their laptops/desktops have usb-c now.
In regards to standards...
Not everything is an Apple vs Android argument, you know?
I never said that, I said that specific brands mess it up...

Johnatan56

Oh, and to add, usb-c/lightning isn't a big deal. I'd still need two chargers and two leads as my OnePlus phones will only Warp charge with the one+ original charger and lead (and won't fast charge the iPhone) while the iPhone will only fast charge using its Apple charger and lead (and wouldn't fast charge the OnePlus).

Until a single ultra-fast charge standard is agreed a different port makes very little difference.
USB PD, spec has steps up to 150W.

Apple definitely doesn't have an excuse there besides greed, OnePlus/OPPO you can argue the split battery means they need to regulate voltage a bit differently, still don't really buy it and think it's more an ecosystem lock in / make money off of warp charging.