Informal WhatsApp Group for TheGrotto

What type of social group would you like ? (you may select more than one)

• I would prefer Telegram so that I can give myself the same name I use here or make one up

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I am happy with WhatsApp and will join the current group

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • I am not interested in joining any group

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is social media?

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Tribs

If you feel like exploring the more social side of The Grotto, we have created a WhatsApp group. Considering changing it to a Telegram Group if more people are interested but want to remain anonymous.

Dave

I don't care which, tbh. I have a couple of other forum WA groups, so use WA web during the day but also have some Telegram groups for things like Syncler.

PS
I joined your WA group.

biometrics

I don't have notifications for groups. It's like a lucky dip when I open WA Web or Telegram.
I was on an FJ group (silenced) that generated 100s of posts a day and 1,000's a month. I never read it, too much.

biometrics

I just noticed one of the streaming groups I'm subscribed to on Telegram has 4.3k unread messages :oops:
Were you (are you still) part of that WA group post DJ's 2nd banning (2016 or 2017)? Had to quit that as well. Too much.

Anyway, you lot have fun, it's useful to many people.

BloodrayneZA

LOL @biometrics

I am part of 4 groups on WhatsApp - one was my brother, his wife and I because I am not part of the family chat group. Honestly I hate group chats, but I can't quit these four as the 2 of them are work-related and the other two (my crochet club and my brother / wife / kids).

I've learnt that I can mute all of the groups and not worry until someone tags me if it's really important. The only group I haven't muted is my brother's one as there's hardly any traffic, except for the kids birthdays or special days.

Honestly I couldn't care less if it's on WhatsApp or Telegram, so either way I'll follow where it goes.