Solar, inverter, battery thread

biometrics

That’s a large box… Defintely jealous. 😊
Was told it is silent, it’s not but reasonably quiet. Anyway, just wanted to get the fuck away from this company that have been stringing me along for two months. Missed three appointments and didn’t even bother to contact me. They only pitched today by using a sub contractor, who did a great job, will use them going forward.

biometrics

Pretty cool to see an integrated setup like that. It should be silent if load is around 300watt or lower.
Seems a bit random, almost like a system fan test by some hourly timer yesterday (ramps up quickly, stays there for like 30 seconds and then slows down over the next 30). Housemate claims it was going on every 15 minutes early today that woke her up, I slept through this. Didn't notice any fans today. She asked me to turn it off for tonight, easy enough to bypass and turn off. It's installed in the kitchen where the DB is, and her bedroom is opposite it. Might have to reinstall the kitchen door as it has been removed (we strangely got a spare door with the house).

biometrics

In other words, it’s not silent…
I ordered the 5kW Sunsynk inverter + 5kWh Sunsynk battery which is silent. But after this company fucked me around for two months, and I got to the point of believing I likely got scammed (85% deposit), I took the chance when they offered me this new Powerlynk model for the same price. Just to get the fuck away from these cunts.

It's new so I'm sure there will be plenty of firmware updates. Due to it's position I haven't had a chance to check out the menus yet (need to use a step ladder). I got the Sunsynk app and wifi registered but no actvity in the app, guess because it is based around solar generation with the other stats overlayed. Or it is buggy.

Rouxenator

Are you able to upgrade the firmware perhaps? On my Luxpower I can do that from the app if I directly connect to the inverter's wifi SSID.

Ours is silent at night:
1713071980473.png

biometrics

Settled on telling the solar company that the noise is not acceptable and that they must install what was originally ordered.

This won’t happen so I’ll hang on to the 15%.

In the mean time I have determined the spare door in the garage is indeed the kitchen door, so will buy screws tomorrow and reinstall it.