I think we're being watched

Y2K

Ja I have never understood lurkers. Their addiction is weird
It makes me so uneasy, legit feel like I'm being watched, this does not pair well with schizophrenia😥

Last edited:

Tribs

It makes me so uneasy, legit feel like I'm being watched, this does pair well with schizophrenia😥
How many people are you, and how many need accounts? Only those going to post should get some.

It is creepy, but you forget that they are there. Eventually.

Seldom Bucket

0e96bafdc717a1b98bbdfc1e8754de83137d36c2.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Y2K

biometrics

Some are people but many of those are lesser known search engines. My view includes the IP address and if I click on it it does a reverse lookup. Some examples:

compute-1.amazonaws.com
aspiegelbot
crawl26.bl.semrush.com
a.ahrefs.com

Which makes you wonder how many guest at other forums are people or bots.

Tribs

Some are people but many of those are lesser known search engines. My view includes the IP address and if I click on it it does a reverse lookup. Some examples:

compute-1.amazonaws.com
aspiegelbot
crawl26.bl.semrush.com
a.ahrefs.com

Which makes you wonder how many guest at other forums are people or bots.
At least they don't create accounts. Accounts with 0 posts are a tad annoying.

• Haha

wizardofid

Yeah but as the forum becomes more active, spammers are bound to show up.How about a easy enough question with sign up in Afrikaans, that only a South African will know ?

• Haha

biometrics

Yeah but as the forum becomes more active, spammers are bound to show up.How about a easy enough question with sign up in Afrikaans, that only a South African will know ?
Xenforo has an excellent anti forum spam system. It shares IP addresses and user names of spammers in a central database. It’s mostly automated but occasionally I get a request in the approval queue which I then request or deny. It shows you which parts matched but it was unsure of to auto delete.

But if it becomes a problem I’ll check if we can add questions during sign up.

Reactions: OCP

wizardofid

Xenforo has an excellent anti forum spam system. It shares IP addresses and user names of spammers in a central database. It’s mostly automated but occasionally I get a request in the approval queue which I then request or deny. It shows you which parts matched but it was unsure of to auto delete.

But if it becomes a problem I’ll check if we can add questions during sign up.

All I read was blah blah blah spammers blah blah blah blah delete blah blah blah. Kidding, I get the gist, I hate web development.... lol