I registered a company today

Y2K

So I'm a freelancer and have been having issues with getting getting new clients, I have not been able to visit my clients as some of them need me to be there so I can set things up for them or do physical installations, I'm a germophobe and would wear all the protective gear required.

I was told that I need the correct paperwork in order to be registered as an essential service, don't get me wrong I did not register a business just for the lockdown it's something I've been wanting to do for a while and I think this is the right time.

I'm open to your opinions.

Y2K

How did you do this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can register on the CIPC website, it will take time for them to process everything, you then need to register that company name and the select which essential service it falls under. Then just wait for everything to sync and you're good, it even creates a essential service certificate of you login to bizportal using your CIPC details.

Tribs

You can also go through an accountant that does that sort of thing. Sometimes faster and you pay them to do the hard work. That is what I did.

Reactions: Y2K

GreGorGy

Bouncing between https://bizportal.gov.za and https://eservices.cipc.co.za it is becoming increasingly easier. ID verification on BizPortal no longer requires scanning in certified copies like it used to on Eservices. Now, they just ask a question or two about your ID. They asked me what my (ex) wife's ID number was (I had to look that up) and what date we got married (and that I had to figure out). They asked the issue date of my business partner's ZA id book and his original country. Took all of 5 minutes (although we had the name reservation).