How long do you expect to live?

biometrics

Due to some recent events I have questioned my life expectancy. How long do you think you still have?

I'm going with another 20 years.

LD50

ok make it 15. I'm hopeful.
I could drink myself to death way before that of course.

Nicholas

I expected to be dead by the age of 20 owing to a mental condition. I don't have any expectations as to how much longer I'll live. The array of chemical interactions that make me conscious may be disrupted as I sit here, or I may live to be 60 years old.

biometrics

I expected to be dead by the age of 20 owing to a mental condition. I don't have any expectations as to how much longer I'll live. The array of chemical interactions that make me conscious may be disrupted as I sit here, or I may live to be 60 years old.
So, about 20?

Blantyre

Currently 26. I'll be happy to live as long as I'm mentally intact so many another 40 years or so?

Tribs

I have no expectations. I hope to live at least another 30 odd but may decide at some stage that is too long. Physically we are designed to die - and that can happen at any moment.

Smuggy

Also no expectations.. I may die tonight on the way to work. The fact that I made it this far astounds me sometimes....

Agent_Smith_quote_wallpaper_by_notbryant.jpg

Rudolph Hart

If I make another twenty years I’ll be doing OK for my family. By then I doubt I’ll be interested in dragging it out much longer.

emam

I should be dead already

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Johnatan56

Based on grandparents age? ~75 years right now and going, tops around 80 assuming no medical advances and that I also lived through a world war. :p

Johnatan56

Are you expecting another one? Who starts it - the United States?
No, I don't expect another one.

World wars can be summarized as the first one being an arms race, all trying to see who is the strongest, the second was economic meltdown due to really bad sanctions and stuff of the first.

A third can't be arms race since it would end the world, you'd destroy the land you are trying to gain since nukes, and within my own lifetime I doubt people to commit the same sanctions failure that led to the second (though the second was not only that but also Facism, etc.). Modern, developed economies are not that based on raw material, they are based on skilled labor, making war destroys that skilled labor if it gets to the scale of a world war, rather than improving it, so cost is not worth it.