Home Exercises

biometrics

So I've noticed the past few years being stiff when getting up from my desk. Apparently my inner core is weakening or something.

So my colleagues have suggested I do The Five Tibetans (they do it), it's Yoga like exercises without holding the position. More to do with movement and breathing.

See pic below and the attached PDF.

Post your suggestions for home exercises.

1585570761208.png

Attachments

• The 5 Tibetans.pdf
    313.5 KB · Views: 1

biometrics

I'm exhausted after looking at all those pictures.
When you're fitter you do 21 of each but you can start with 3 each. When you get to 21 it takes 15 minutes to do it all.

I tired of feeling stiff when getting up from my desk and I haven't been hiking the past year, so I really need to make a plan.

Tribs

When you're fitter you do 21 of each but you can start with 3 each. When you get to 21 it takes 15 minutes to do it all.

I tired of feeling stiff when getting up from my desk and I haven't been hiking the past year, so I really need to make a plan.
I am old and decrepit - I will be lucky to make one in the beginning 😂

Jings

Game confirmed my order is with the couriers. Getting basic exercise equipment like a big ball and skipping rope.

biometrics

Game confirmed my order is with the couriers. Getting basic exercise equipment like a big ball and skipping rope.
Really?! I want a treadmill, is it considered essential? Let me go check...

Jings

Turns out Game specials for exercise equipment is misleading and the incorrect info was provided. They're only delivering those after lockdown. I've requested a refund.

But the good news is Makro is willing to sell exercise equipment if there's an affidavit approved by SAPS, specifying which equipment is required. Apparently a number of people have done this already.

biometrics

Turns out Game specials for exercise equipment is misleading and the incorrect info was provided. They're only delivering those after lockdown. I've requested a refund.

But the good news is Makro is willing to sell exercise equipment if there's an affidavit approved by SAPS, specifying which equipment is required. Apparently a number of people have done this already.
Well that would require me leaving my house, which I'm not doing.

Jings

Well that would require me leaving my house, which I'm not doing.

Well at least you can run around in your garden.

Tribs

Well at least you can run around in your garden.
There are other forms of exercise that do not involve running - but still get your heart rate up. Much more fun I hear.

Jings

There are other forms of exercise that do not involve running - but still get your heart rate up. Much more fun I hear.

True, but while the build-up can be quite lengthy the exercise itself is rather short-lived.

Would you consider housecleaning a form of excercise?

Seldom Bucket

Yoga

satanboy

20200501_080952.jpg
1st day of exercise since lockdown.
Way too many people and dogs, I need to get up earlier.
That was very painful.

• Wow
Reactions: Y2K

Spizz

View attachment 953
1st day of exercise since lockdown.
Way too many people and dogs, I need to get up earlier.
That was very painful.

I left the house about 7.20 and headed for the coastal path. After about a km , it became really busy and as the path is narrow, quite uncomfortable. So we came off the path and walked back on the road through the houses.

Even as a seasonal holiday town where we get packed at Christmas etc, I have never seen so many people out on the streets.

6 to 9? What a fucking stupid idea. Especially when half of that time is dark so the last hour and a half is when people leave the house and cram the streets.

LD50

I left the house about 7.20 and headed for the coastal path. After about a km , it became really busy and as the path is narrow, quite uncomfortable. So we came off the path and walked back on the road through the houses.
Left 7:30 with child taking the dogs for speed walk. So many people as was expected. Nice though

Even as a seasonal holiday town where we get packed at Christmas etc, I have never seen so many people out on the streets.
Herrmanus doesn't get packed that time of the year, it gets fucked. With that one way in and out, like Knysna, nog n fokkop