Home Brewing

biometrics

Kegged the week old Amber Ale, 8-9L or so. In this temperature and no more bubbling I'm pretty sure it's ready. In the fridge cooling off for Fri/Sat.

Papa Smurf

Yeah effort is effort, thats why i went 2 fermenters at 23 litres each
Now on 3 fermenters but that is where i now draw the line
It's a good half days work every 2 weeks when it comes to bottling and starting another 3 batches.
Luckily this Sunday will be the last time and then 2 weeks later i bottle for the final time
To have just under 350 litres aging in prep for the 3rd wave

biometrics

It's a good half days work every 2 weeks when it comes to bottling and starting another 3 batches.
Luckily this Sunday will be the last time and then 2 weeks later i bottle for the final time
I hate bottling, glad I got a keg.

spiderz

Do one batch each week ...

bigAl-sa

How do you handle 3 fermenters in the caravan?

GreGorGy

Too much. I know you and @GreGorGy are into that, but part of the fun for me is waiting for the beer to gas up, and then drink it all!

With bottles, 90% of the work is cleaning the bottles as soon as possible after you have consumed them.

So easy to carry bottles around when you kuier

The waiting with a keg is about a day or two. Then, the real fun, drinking it all, begins. I have been considering bottling a couple of cases of lager in my Groslch bottles just so I can have a stored away stockpile to be honest.

Right now, 10L keg is empty and will get the mystery lager. The 20L is half with cider and that one is taking its time getting emptied. If I do a cider again, it will be bottled since I don't drink that kak. The 30L has about 7L of stout in it.

This means the 20L bitter whose fermentation has just completed has nowhere to go. But that stuff is so decent on nitro that it has to get kegged.