Help with abuse

LD50

So my daughter's half sister (26) is a drug addict, in and out of rehabs. Her family wrote her off.
She's now living in a brothel somewhere in CT and the pimp abuses her badly. He's also applied the old fear tactic of threatening to kill her family members if she tries to leave.
I know this, because she's been Skyping my daughter from the brothel. Tonight she told me all about it and that her sister wants out.

Now I want to send her a phone number or 2, maybe with addresses where she can go to ( if she's serious)
Google not helping much. Anyone here that can guide me pls?

biometrics

So my daughter's half sister (26) is a drug addict, in and out of rehabs. Her family wrote her off.
She's now living in a brothel somewhere in CT and the pimp abuses her badly. He's also applied the old fear tactic of threatening to kill her family members if she tries to leave.
I know this, because she's been Skyping my daughter from the brothel. Tonight she told me all about it and that her sister wants out.

Now I want to send her a phone number or 2, maybe with addresses where she can go to ( if she's serious)
If an organised brothel then get hold of the Hawks. They don't take kindly to human trafficking.

MemeDealerOG

Where about in CT is this place located? The problem will be keeping her away. The drugs will draw her back.

Paul Hjul

Is the suggestion that she is being held or rather that she is afraid to leave? The distinction is important. In the later instance the likelihood of returning is much higher. Best you assist to get her away from Cape Town as well.

BloodrayneZA

Is the suggestion that she is being held or rather that she is afraid to leave? The distinction is important. In the later instance the likelihood of returning is much higher. Best you assist to get her away from Cape Town as well.
Read - the pimp is using fear tactics. Typical of a narcissist who wields control and power over those weaker than himself - it’s bad, I’ve been in a similar situation myself - not drugs, domestic violence.

not only she needs to get out but go to a place of safety where she’ll get the right help, not only for drug addiction but also years of psychotherapy to help her keep on the straight and narrow. Ongoing counselling will teach her how to cope and manage without the drugs and she will need support groups as well.

Paul Hjul

I read that the pimp is using fear tactics but that is not definitive of the question of whether the fear tactics focus on imminent or future hence my asking.

LD50

Read - the pimp is using fear tactics. Typical of a narcissist who wields control and power over those weaker than himself - it’s bad, I’ve been in a similar situation myself - not drugs, domestic violence.

not only she needs to get out but go to a place of safety where she’ll get the right help, not only for drug addiction but also years of psychotherapy to help her keep on the straight and narrow. Ongoing counselling will teach her how to cope and manage without the drugs and she will need support groups as well.
Thing is she was in a few places like that. Two that I am aware of. She can be a handful and the real problem being that she does not really WANT to change her life. So I just wanted to get info to her via my daughter. Her decision to leave and get help.
This kid is not an amature on the streets, she's been in it for a number of years

Just to add, her mother wrote her off completely since she cant handle it anymore. Done what she could. Had enough.

BloodrayneZA

Thing is she was in a few places like that. Two that I am aware of. She can be a handful and the real problem being that she does not really WANT to change her life. So I just wanted to get info to her via my daughter. Her decision to leave and get help.
This kid is not an amature on the streets, she's been in it for a number of years

Just to add, her mother wrote her off completely since she cant handle it anymore. Done what she could. Had enough.
Yeah you can only do so much and then the rest is up to her. If she really wants to change, only she can do it. No one else can help her until she starts helping herself to do better.

MemeDealerOG

If shes been that long on the streets then you won't be able to assist her, one of two things happens to people like that, one is a drug overdose the other is death, look I don't want to be a dick or anything but those are the facts, people don't change.

BloodrayneZA

If shes been that long on the streets then you won't be able to assist her, one of two things happens to people like that, one is a drug overdose the other is death, look I don't want to be a dick or anything but those are the facts, people don't change.
This is the harsh reality, I have to agree with him. Unless she gets a proper wake up call and really wants to make the change...