Hello Doctor fraudulent credit card charges

biometrics

Watch out for this online service. Three months ago I thought I'd give it a try as it's R55/month compared to R500 for a GP visit. You can try it for 7 days for free, cancel before that and you won't get charged. So I tried it, the interface was terrible (like you can enter a limited amount of text only), the reply I got was ok but not really satisfying. So I cancelled before the 7 days.

Of course... they charged me. Not only that they reactivated my subscription. I cancelled it again. I wrote them an email to the address on their contact page. No reply. I decided to leave it.

Surprise, next month my credit card is charged again. And they reactivated the subscription. Cancelled it again. Wrote them an email again, no reply again. So I decided to reverse the charges in my FNB app.

FNB has not reversed it. Don't know why. They sent an email eventually saying I have some sort of agreement and that I must sort it out with them and if I don't come right I must let them know with a copy of the correspondence. Which I did. Still not reversed.

Guess what, got charged again this morning and the subscription has been reactivated again.

Avoid these fraudulent fucks as far as possible!!!

Jings

You'd think they're trying to wear a person down.

My suggestion would be to send the request again with the other requests attached and copy CP ombudsman for your province - consumer.protector@westerncape.co.za. Let Hello Doctor be aware you've copied CP ombudsman in the correspondence to them.

Jings

Thanks, might as well.
Thanks for the warning. It's a real concern when an organisation acts without integrity, for so many reasons. Makes it difficult too for new genuine businesses starting up because consumers have lost trust and rather stick to the tried and trusted.

Maybe you could look into Netcare vouchers for GP visits. They offer both face to face and through webcam. Cheaper than a normal consult and vouchers are valid for 3 years, as long as you keep the voucher number and not lose it.

biometrics

Thanks for the warning. It's a real concern when an organisation acts without integrity, for so many reasons. Makes it difficult too for new genuine businesses starting up because consumers have lost trust and rather stick to the tried and trusted.

Maybe you could look into Netcare vouchers for GP visits. They offer both face to face and through webcam. Cheaper than a normal consult and vouchers are valid for 3 years, as long as you keep the voucher number and not lose it.

I hardly ever go to the GP. And Discovery now pays for it when it's about my high blood pressure, which it normally is to get a new script.

I only found out last year that my hospital plans covers my chronic meds and doctors visits. Been paying for it myself since 2015.

Jings

I hardly ever go to the GP. And Discovery now pays for it when it's about my high blood pressure, which it normally is to get a new script.

I only found out last year that my hospital plans covers my chronic meds and doctors visits. Been paying for it myself since 2015.
That's great you found out that medical aid covers chronic. Better late than never.

biometrics

That's great you found out that medical aid covers chronic. Better late than never.
When I got it 20 years ago it wasn't included afaik. I was always under the impression a hospital plan is just that. But apparently somewhere in the 2000's that changed.

Jings

When I got it 20 years ago it wasn't included afaik. I was always under the impression a hospital plan is just that. But apparently somewhere in the 2000's that changed.
Yep it changed when PMB's were introduced.