Happy Meter

Venomous

Some people don't think that your company spelling your name incorrectly (after >30 years service) is important. I am one of those weirdos that thinks it is.

Some think that receiving a pay cheque each month is being treated well.

Some people don't think that your company spelling your name incorrectly (after >30 years service) is important. I am one of those weirdos that thinks it is.

Some think that receiving a pay cheque each month is being treated well.
My simple response - who's that?
Them "you"

Me: No it's not, 🙄

Both my first and surname are often misspelled.

Tribs

0. Mom in law went for a simple op. They discovered she has stomach cancer. Stopped the op. But she hasn't woken up now. On 100% oxygen, her organs are failing.

I really really liked her

Sinbad

0. Mom in law went for a simple op. They discovered she has stomach cancer. Stopped the op. But she hasn't woken up now. On 100% oxygen, her organs are failing.

Sorry... Wishing you and your hubby strength

Venomous

It's not impossible for her to pull through this, even if its only an added few years.
Try have positive thoughts, it will help calm you. Hubby needs your support right now.

Tribs

It's not impossible for her to pull through this, even if its only an added few years.
Try have positive thoughts, it will help calm you. Hubby needs your support right now.
Perhaps it is not impossible but her organs are shutting down - so it seems unlikely. And he definitely has my support. This was out of the blue, it is a shock to everyone.

Venomous

Perhaps it is not impossible but her organs are shutting down - so it seems unlikely. And he definitely has my support. This was out of the blue, it is a shock to everyone.
Step dad had a gallbladder op a few years ago. The dr did something stupid and went on to cut a bile duck or something while in there.
Between all the complications his body also nearly shut down, at one point he spent a week in medically induced coma. And and and...
Was all horribly scary, and they are in a different country. Best I could do was talk to mom a few times a day.
Eventually a clever dr got called and stepdad pulled through. He was in hospital nearly 4 weeks, for an op considered "routine" and was originally key hole surgery. By now stepdad's back to his cheeky cheerful self.

While not every complication and event can result in our loved ones pulling through like that - I can say that the human body is resilient and can often "bounce back" from situations our brain finds complicated.

🤗 🤗 🤗

My SIL lived for more than a decade with metastasised cancer*. Very Lay terms: cancer was her body buddy until the end, drs could only have reduced it or slow it, but could not cure it, and that was known asap once drs found it had gone there. (there are more complex bits)
She lived life filled with wonder and love to the Nth degree appreciating every moment with those around her.
LoL, she still worked the day before.... The lights went out. Was just about everywhere by then.

Last edited:

Tribs

Step dad had a gallbladder op a few years ago. The dr did something stupid and went on to cut a bile duck or something while in there.
Between all the complications his body also nearly shut down, at one point he spent a week in medically induced coma. And and and...
Was all horribly scary, and they are in a different country. Best I could do was talk to mom a few times a day.
Eventually a clever dr got called and he pulled through. He was in hospital nearly 4 weeks, for an op considered "routine" and was originally key hole surgery. By now stepdad's back to his cheeky cheerful self.

While not every complication and event can result in our loved ones pulling through like that - I can say that the human body is resilient and can often "bounce back" from situations our brain finds complicated.

🤗 🤗 🤗

My SIL lived for more than a decade with metastasised cancer*. Very Lay terms: cancer was her body buddy until the end, drs could only have reduced it or slow it, but could not cure it, and that was known asap once drs found it had gone there. (there are more complex bits)
She lived life filled with wonder and love to the Nth degree appreciating every moment with those around her.
LoL, she still worked the day before.... The lights went out. Was just about everywhere by then.
Ok now I am hopeful - thank you. I am sorry they both went through all that - and you too.

Venomous

Ok now I am hopeful - thank you. I am sorry they both went through all that - and you too.
Never be sorry for what you did not do nor cause.
Those are things you are not in control of.

Silver linings are important!

emam

So sorry to hear this
Sending you loads of love and strength xx