Happy Meter

Papa Smurf

It's a complete fuckup, and very complicated

So the first time around, things got very serious. She has a history of being abused, I felt sorry for her. She also suffers from OCD and is very difficult to live with. Running around the house and cleaning up at 4am in the morning, going days without sleeping. One morning I discovered a syringe in the living room, with what is probably tik, unlocked her cellphone with her thumb-print while she was sleeping and discovered that she was inviting her junkie friends over to my house while i'm not there. On top of that, it appears that she was stealing from me to support her habits.
I asked her about it and she flipped, got dressed and ran off.
I took her kids to their grandmother and told her the story. Anyway.. she's not going to see her kids again.

2nd time around she came back to get some of her stuff, she was living with an abusive ex-boyfriend in the numbers gang, she looked like a concentration camp victim, helped her get to durban, she stayed there for two weeks.

3rd time she came back I treated her like a child, which she didn't like, so she ran off again to the same guy, apparently she wanted to be hurt, he took her to cape town where she's going to do fuck knows what... he'll probably pimp her out for drug money, she begged me to come and get her... which I didn't, now it's on my concience, maybe I could have handled it differently. I love her, but she fucks me up...
Really sad to hear this
Cut her free, you need to let go
Im just happy to know the kids aren't yours as well coz that would of made it worse
But you owe her nothing, let it go
Each day gets better with the self healing
All the best

biometrics

Settling my car today. Been eight long years. Six + two residual. Only way I could afford to buy a new FJ Cruiser. Lost 25% of it's value over this time but being a Land Cruiser it hardly depreciates any more. In this time I paid zero for repairs (there were none) and services and I still have a free service at 90k in about 1.5 years time. So nearly ten years of no expenses, except for new tires. So it actually worked out cheaper than my second hand Land Cruiser 80 where I paid R10k+ a year to repair and service it. It's basically still brand new with less than 80k. I'll be driving it for the next 15+ years. Advantage of Land Cruisers are the model shape never changes so there is no pressure to get the latest and greatest. First new car I ever bought and it was totally worth it.

:D

Last edited:

Tribs

-5 Bought this for SO for Christmas. Doesn't want to wear a watch :oops: He has high blood pressure and says he sleeps badly - among a ton of other things - this monitors both. And has exercise plans, step counter, calories burt etc. But no - he wants me to swap it for a desk so that his audio console can sit on a proper desk and not a fold up one.
1609151636139.png

Tribs

It doesn't monitor blood pressure
No his pulse. Heartbeat. And with overweight people with high blood pressure, it is a good thing to monitor. He has the gadget to take actual readings with

"While it's true that some areas of cardiac muscle will start to die during a heart attack because of a lack of blood, a person's pulse may become slower (bradycardic) or faster (tachycardic), depending on the type of heart attack they're experiencing (a normal heart rate is between 60 and 100 beats per minute)."

So, if he is sitting at the PC - it would be a good indicator if things changed while not doing anything physical

OCP

Gutted ... close friend collapsed and passed away this morning from a heart attack.