Ground cover

biometrics

I've got this section at the back (see braai pics) that is sand. I don't want to go through the effort of paving. What are my choices? Stones?

satanboy

Shouldn't this be in the gardening thread?

Hard edge (bricks) and put down a weed guard and cover in fine gravel.

1614510870620.png

SauRoN

No, you just get new stones and it's good for 20 years

Nope.

Grass and shit eventually grows through it and the fucking stones also moer all over the place so you need to keep brushing/raking them back where they came from.

It’s the highest maintenance kakkest idea everyone keeps doing for some bizarre reason.

It’s also utterly shit to walk or stand on.

Will never ever do this again or recommend it to anyone.

bigAl-sa

Nope.

Grass and shit eventually grows through it and the fucking stones also moer all over the place so you need to keep brushing/raking them back where they came from.

It’s the highest maintenance kakkest idea everyone keeps doing for some bizarre reason.

It’s also utterly shit to walk or stand on.

Will never ever do this again or recommend it to anyone.
Had it under my carport for 30y now, and apart from pulling out the odd weed and raking once in a while, no probs.

Major advantage which most stadsjapies don't even think of is drainage. Any water flowing over it just soaks into the soil and does not create extra problems for the useless municipal drainage systems.

SauRoN

Had it under my carport for 30y now, and apart from pulling out the odd weed and raking once in a while, no probs.

Major advantage which most stadsjapies don't even think of is drainage. Any water flowing over it just soaks into the soil and does not create extra problems for the useless municipal drainage systems.

Same goes for fake lawn or a deck though.

I can only imagine you never see any foot traffic in said car port or it’s lower than the rest of your property so it doesn’t spread around.

Sent from my iPhone

biometrics

I've spent 30 minutes stomping the pebbles and now it looks great, don't think I need more afterall.