Global Weather

biometrics

They call it global, but the graph is very clearly northern hemisphere.
I have been experiencing localised cooling for several years now. I am very temperature sensitive and I have noticed the summers are cooler and shorter. So much for global warming.

Baxteen

dafq?

its Summer in the Northern Hemisphere.
62.62 F is about 17.01 C.
granted we also know that in Antarctica they had a new record for July at 8C (During Winter!)
by just thinking a small amount about what is shown on screen you can see its not just northern hemisphere.

and Bio you have moved how many times? in the last few years?
how far away are you now from where you grew up?
because for me, I have a few jackets that I now never get to wear in June/July anymore because most days I don't need anything more than a long sleeve t-Shirt. never mind a decent jacket. I hardly wear hoodies. I still wear summer gloves for the ride to work because its not cold enough to get out the winter gloves in the morning.
and then when we think about the summer temps things get ever more obvious. mid August and we are getting our November temps.
by end of April it still feels like Feb temps.
here in PTA at least it feels like we have 8 months of summer 2 months of Spring and 2 months of Autumn.
for me there is no doubt that there is clear changes in weather patterns over my lifetime alone. and there is no doubt that it is caused by the greed of corporations. no point in recycling because the pollution caused by big corporates is what is causing the problem. and they simply pay off stupid people to go off on tirades about how climate change is not real.

biometrics

dafq?

its Summer in the Northern Hemisphere.
62.62 F is about 17.01 C.
granted we also know that in Antarctica they had a new record for July at 8C (During Winter!)
by just thinking a small amount about what is shown on screen you can see its not just northern hemisphere.

and Bio you have moved how many times? in the last few years?
how far away are you now from where you grew up?
because for me, I have a few jackets that I now never get to wear in June/July anymore because most days I don't need anything more than a long sleeve t-Shirt. never mind a decent jacket. I hardly wear hoodies. I still wear summer gloves for the ride to work because its not cold enough to get out the winter gloves in the morning.
and then when we think about the summer temps things get ever more obvious. mid August and we are getting our November temps.
by end of April it still feels like Feb temps.
here in PTA at least it feels like we have 8 months of summer 2 months of Spring and 2 months of Autumn.
for me there is no doubt that there is clear changes in weather patterns over my lifetime alone. and there is no doubt that it is caused by the greed of corporations. no point in recycling because the pollution caused by big corporates is what is causing the problem. and they simply pay off stupid people to go off on tirades about how climate change is not real.
Just my personal personal observation, it will be different for everyone.

Baxteen

Just my personal personal observation, it will be different for everyone.
have you moved around a lot?
My Brother moved down to Strand in october 2022 so when he complains of the cold there the people he is living with just tell him its not as cold as it was last year. and when he complained about the heat they told him its going to get warmer (they were right)
I get that it is personal observation, but it could well be that you are getting older and you are more sensitive to the cold.
it is factually accurate to say it is getting less cold country wide on average while at the same time our coldest days are new record cold days and our record hot days are record hot days.

biometrics

have you moved around a lot?
My Brother moved down to Strand in october 2022 so when he complains of the cold there the people he is living with just tell him its not as cold as it was last year. and when he complained about the heat they told him its going to get warmer (they were right)
I get that it is personal observation, but it could well be that you are getting older and you are more sensitive to the cold.
it is factually accurate to say it is getting less cold country wide on average while at the same time our coldest days are new record cold days and our record hot days are record hot days.
I do but all the moves have been near Cape Town. I started noticing this in my last four years in Hermanus, summers cooler and shorter.